This pumpkin Bundt cake is moist and loaded with pumpkin pie spices and a few surprises that make it extra good! It’s easy to make and a fall favorite recipe, especially when topped with my apple butter caramel icing.
Like my pumpkin cupcakes, this cake is one of the many reasons that I look forward to fall baking!
What Makes This Pumpkin Bundt Cake Special?
There are a few things that make my pumpkin cake the best:
- It’s made with pumpkin pie spices:
- It has two secret ingredients:
- maple syrup – The maple goes so well with the pumpkin.
- rum – I love using a splash of rum in this pumpkin Bundt cake recipe. If rum isn’t your thing, you can replace it with apple juice.
Special Tools and Ingredients for Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Outside of the usual baking tools that you should have on hand, the only special tool you’ll need for the Bundt cake is a Bundt pan. They come in all different styles and any of them will work as long as it holds 10-15 cups of batter (most do).
If you use canned pumpkin puree, make sure to buy the can that says pumpkin puree or pureed pumpkin. Do not buy pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is already sweetened and will ruin this cake.
How to Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake
First, prep the Bundt pan. Grease the pan well with butter or non-stick cooking spray and flour it. If the pan isn’t well prepped, the Bundt cake may get stuck to the pan.
Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, and eggs until smooth.
Mix in the oil, rum (or apple juice), and maple syrup.
Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
Pour batter into the Bundt pan.
Bake about 70 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Set Bundt pan out on the counter to cool for 15 minutes, then invert carefully onto a plate.
How to Decorate The Cake
Top the frosting with fun fall sprinkles!
- Mix cinnamon chips into the batter.
- Bake the recipe in cupcake tins as pumpkin cupcakes and frost with pumpkin frosting.
- Mix chocolate chips into the batter; or if you want to go really chocolaty, try a chocolate pumpkin Bundt cake.
Other Fall Favorites
- Fall cupcakes (like my apple cupcakes)
- Cranberry hand pies
- Apple cider donuts
- Caramel apples
- Apple crumble pie
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- apple butter caramel icing You'll need about 1/2 of a recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the oil, rum, and maple syrup.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake about 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Set bundt pan out on the counter to cool for 15 minutes, then invert and drizzle with apple butter caramel icing.