When I wrote about my sweet and salty roasted chickpeas, I never expected that the recipe would become one of the most popular on my cupcake blog. I guess that we cupcake lovers understand that we need some simple and satisfying healthy food options now and again. This year, I bring you a similar recipe for pumpkin seeds – sweet and salty toasted pumpkin seeds. There’s something about that sweet and salty combo that gets me every time. It’s so addictive!
Brown sugar, cinnamon, sprinkle of salt, and melted butter come together with the toasted flavor of the seeds themselves to create pumpkin seeds that remind me of campfires, herbal tea, popcorn, and sweet potatoes.
Sweet and Salty Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds If you are working with seeds that you removed from a pumpkin yourself, wash thoroughly and set them out to dry on a cookie sheet overnight before using.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- small pat of butter about 1 teaspoon, melted
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread coated seeds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat. Do not overlap them.
- Bake at 300 F for 45 minutes or until seeds are nicely toasted.
- Eat while still warm (you can save them for later, but they aren't quite as good).