Sweet Potato Casserole With Crumb Topping Recipe
Note that these cupcakes have uncooked crumb topping baked into them. The crumbs won’t be noticeable if you don’t know they are there. However, they will make the cupcakes extra sweet, moist, and buttery and give the cake an ever so slight grainy texture—which led Bride and Groom 3.0 to incorrectly think that the cupcakes contained oatmeal. (But if you think that sounds nice, then take a look at my perfect crumb topping, which does use rolled oats.)
Sweet Potato Casserole Cupcakes With Crumb Topping
- 3 C flour
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 t baking soda
- 3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C pureed sweet potatoes I used the kind from the can. Try to get the kind without corn syrup if you can. They have a really good one at Trader Joe's.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 C apple cider
- Unbaked crumb topping 1/2 C butter, 1 C flour, and 1 C brown sugar mixed by hand until crumbly
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, sweet potatoes, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the oil and apple cider.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway.
- Add a thin layer of the unbaked crumb topping on top of the batter. Bake the remainder of the crumb topping according to the directions in the crumb topping post.
- Top off each cupcake with batter until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.