I love sweet potato casserole cupcakes! I can’t get enough of them. I love them so much that I’m giving you three different recipes:
- The first sweet potato casserole cupcake recipe is one that I made back in 2007. The best part about it is the maple marscarpone filling. You could put that filling in any Fall cupcake and get rave reviews. And for a topping, consider my perfect crumb topping.
- The next sweet potato casserole cupcake recipe has a crumb topping and crumbs baked into the cupcakes that give it a fun oatmeal-like texture.
- This year, I made sweet potato casserole cupcakes with candied pecans. It is probably my favorite recipe of the three. But, you can’t go wrong with any of them. This year’s recipe is below. Sorry, they were all gobbled up before I could get a photo! They look just like the cupcakes above, only they have toasted marshmallows on top instead of crumbs.
Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole Cupcakes 3 Ways
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/8 cup [1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons] pureed sweet potatoes I used the kind from the can. Try to get the kind without corn syrup if possible.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- ½ cup candied pecans make your own or buy some premade
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, sweet potatoes, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix the oil and apple cider into the sweet potato mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in pecans
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.