Two Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
I prepped this ice cream bread this morning in two minutes. All you need is ice cream and flour and you can make bread! It’s like some kind of crazy magic!
First off, let’s talk about what this bread tastes like. It will, of course, vary based on the flavor of ice cream that you choose. But, I would call it a breakfast bread – falling into the same category as banana bread or zucchini bread.
It’s sweet, but not sweet enough to be called cake. It definitely has more of a bread-like texture.
The bread is made with self-rising flour, but please don’t run to to the store to buy it if it’s not something that you have in the house.
You can easily replace the 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour in the recipe with 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour plus 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
You can use any ice cream flavor, but I’ve read that the recipe works best if you use full-fat ice cream. I haven’t personally tested this recipe with light ice cream, but it makes sense that having the fat helps. You need the fat to get the correct texture in the bread.
How to Customize Your Bread
While it’s not at all required, ice cream bread benefits from mix-ins! If your ice cream doesn’t already have mix-ins, you can add any classic ice cream mix-ins (think chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, or dried fruit).
The bread you see here used vanilla ice cream with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of pecans (that I then roughly chopped).
Other Super Easy Dessert Recipes
If you need some other fast and easy dessert recipes, try:
- crumb cookies (just four ingredients and no eggs)
- honey cookies
- double chocolate chip cookies
- snickerdoodle bars (If you don’t have the cream of tartar in the house, you can still make them – they will just be a little crispier.)
- cookie cupcakes (They are basically chocolate chip cookies in cupcake format.)
Ice Cream Bread
- 2 cups full-fat ice cream melted, any flavor
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour see substitution option in the notes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ice cream and flour until smooth.
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Special thanks to Olivia Dugas for giving me this wonderful recipe suggestion!
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!