Four-Ingredient Crumb Cookies
If you like the crumbs on top of crumb cake or apple crumb pie, crumb cookies are for you! They are made with just four ingredients and taste just like buttery crumbs!
To make these cookies, you mix together melted butter, brown sugar, rolled oats, and flour until crumbs form.
Then, you press those crumbs into a greased mini muffin tin. Each depression will be filled slightly over halfway.
Bake until they they just begin to brown. Let them cool in the muffin tin and then invert carefully onto a plate to pop them all out.
Just like any crumb topping, there are lots of variations you can make with this recipe.
My favorite variation is to add in spices. Try mixing in a teaspoon of cinnamon, a half teaspoon of nutmeg, and a half teaspoon of ginger. Or, use any spice blend that you like!
Other Simple Desserts
If you are looking for other desserts that have just a few ingredients, try:
- ice cream bread (It’s just two ingredients.)
- honey cookies
- double chocolate chip cookies
- snickerdoodle bars (If you don’t have the cream of tartar in the house, you can still make them – they will just be a little crispier.)
- cookie cupcakes (They are basically chocolate chip cookies in cupcake format.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar this is the same as 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 5 tablespoons rolled oats this is the same as 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients until coarse crumbs form.
- Divide evenly in a 24 count mini muffin pan sprayed with non-stick baking spray. The crumbs should come up just over halfway in the depressions.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the they start to lightly brown.
- Cool for ten minutes in the tin and then invert to gently release the cookies.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!