Chocolate Peanut Butter Hi-Hat Cupcakes for FilterPure – It’s Time to Raise $4,000 | Cupcake Project

Update 8/31/2011: This post does not include the cupcake recipe. I only provided the recipe to those who donated.  Since enough time has gone by, I’ve made the recipe public on my Chocolate Peanut Butter Hi-Hat Cupcake Recipe post.

These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes loaded with dark chocolate chips, topped with peanut butter frosting, then dipped in more chocolate are a sight to behold.  This is the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcake!  Take a look inside:

Want the recipe?  Sorry, it’s not free.

I made these cupcakes as part of Cupcake Project 4.0, an effort to raise $4,000 for a charity.  Cupcake Project readers nominated food and water charities, we narrowed it down to three, and then we voted.

FilterPure won! If you haven’t had a chance to read about FilterPure, what they would do with our money, and watch the short video clip about the organization, now would be a good time to do so.

How to donate to FilterPure:

• All month long, you can use the ChipIn widget above or on the sidebar of this blog to donate to FilterPure.
  • You must donate through the ChipIn widget in order to receive the recipe.
  • ChipIn uses PayPal to handle donations.  If you do not have a PayPal account, PayPal lets you pay with a credit or debit card.
  • Enter the amount that you wish to donate in the Item Price field within PayPal.

What you get when you donate $1 or more to FilterPure:

• First and foremost, you get a warm fuzzy feeling for helping out such an important cause.
  • Everyone who donates $1 or more gets the recipe for these cupcakes.  I will send it to you by email within a week of your donation.  Please, please, please do not post or share the recipe!  I will not make this recipe public until six months from now.
  • One randomly chosen donor will win a small cupcake tower (which holds 72 cupcakes) from The Cupcake Tower.  This is the same tower that you see filled with money in my original project post.  Thanks so much to The Cupcake Tower for offering this prize!  Sorry, the cupcake tower can only be sent to continental U.S. mailing addresses.

For those willing to dip a little deeper:

• The first 50 people who give $50 or more will receive a cupcake corer!  I love mine!  It makes perfect holes for filling cupcakes.  After you make your donation, I will contact you for your mailing address.  Thanks so much to Cuisipro for their generous donation!  Sorry, the corers can only be sent to U.S. mailing addresses.
  • Any individual who gives $200 or more will have the option of having a custom cupcake recipe created by me within the next year.  You tell me the types of flavors that you like, and I’ll create your dream recipe and post about it – or, if you prefer, you can have me dedicate the recipe to someone else.

Still need a reason to give?

Many of the people who voted for FilterPure left comments about their choice.  Maybe hearing why they support FilterPure will help inspire you:

“This is a great project for Haiti with the earthquake and the recent dysentery epidemic… people need these filters to survive!!”

“I voted for FilterPure, because they defined their goals clearly, and there is an acute, immediate need for potable water in Haiti.”

“I feel that this charity could do immediate good for the people in Haiti who are in the midst of a cholera epidemic for want of clean water.”

“Good people, amazingly simple, sustainable product.  What’s not to love?”

“FilterPure is bringing clean water to Haiti, which is more important now than ever with the Cholera outbreak.”

“Clean water is a commodity that everyone in the world should be able to access.”

“I’m voting for Filter Pure cause I thought their response was genuine, warm and the good deeds that this money can do for them is impressive – 5 Years of water for more than 800 People!  Wow!”

“I have supported this organization from their inception.  Their work has touched the lives of thousands of people in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Tanzania.  Imagine having clean, safe drinking water for the first time in your life!  That is what FilterPure is all about!”

“A very worthwhile cause that brings the most basic of needs to those those who need it most. ”

“What would you do if you had to drink dirty water?  Filterpure is so important to the needy and poverty stricken families in Haiti and other parts of the world.  They are doing a great service and need our help.”

“Filter Pure has a cutting-edge technology and is run by hard working and generous people. They are careful to honor and respect the filter recipients as well as those who undertake factories and distribution. They run their organization with integrity, not taking an income, being sure that nearly 100% of donated funds go directly to filter production and distribution.”

Want to help spread the word?

I would love it if you would post about this project on Twitter, your Facebook page, or your blog.  To go one step further, you could even add the ChipIn widget to your blog.  If you need help putting the widget up, let me know and I’ll try my best to walk you through it.

One Last Thing

My regular readers know that I don’t like peanut butter.  I refused to make peanut butter cupcakes for any of the weddings that I have done.  This is the only peanut butter cupcake that you will find on my blog.  I had lots of peanut butter lovers taste test it and it got the full seal of approval.

38 Responses to Chocolate Peanut Butter Hi-Hat Cupcakes for FilterPure – It’s Time to Raise $4,000

1. Jennifer November 2, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

Donated for a good cause, and hopefully to get to surprise my peanut butter loving fiance with these for the holidays. :)

2. Carol November 3, 2010 at 4:48 am #

Donated and feeling good! You are doing a really great thing and my hubby & kids will LOVE these cupcakes:) Cheers!

3. ApronTails November 3, 2010 at 5:46 am #

Congrats to FilterPure! not a fan of peanut butter either, but this is still a great cause and a great thing you are doing! keep the great ideas and great cupcakes coming!
    Happy Baking to all!

4. Pam November 3, 2010 at 6:21 am #

Donated to a good cause & looking forward to recieving a yummy peanut butter recipe… what a great way to start a Wednesday!

5. Kimberly November 3, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Great idea, Stef!

Trying to donate, but the link doesn’t appear to be working. Don’t worry, I will come back and try again … I want the cupcake recipe … and
    I want to donate to an amazing cause!

6. Bobbi November 3, 2010 at 10:53 am #

Donated and waiting for the yummy recipe! I can’t wait. I love peanut butter yummies, thank you.

7. Amanda November 3, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

Wonderful cause! Just wondered onto your site and glad I did. Thank you!

8. Penny November 3, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

Happy to donate to a great cause, and looking forward to the recipe. I’d be happy to spread the word, but the facebook share link doesn’t seem to be working.

9. Holli November 4, 2010 at 10:00 am #

Love the blog. LOVE that you use your talent for a cause.

10. Laney November 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

I’m so excited about this! I think FilterPure is an amazing charity, and I’m excited to donate throughout the month. I’m encouraging fellow foodie friends to chip in too.

Planning on making these for my dad’s birthday next month – he specifically requested chocolate and peanut butter, and this fit the bill!

Thank you for all the work you’re putting into this, and the great thought behind it.

11. Rae November 4, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

I’ll probably donate, but I have no use for the recipe. Being highly allergic to peanuts I can’t even be in the same room with it

12. Ann November 4, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

Donated to a great cause, and can’t wait to make these for my peanut butter loving husband and brother in law!

13. Carol W. November 4, 2010 at 5:31 pm #

Got my warm fuzzy feeling, and feels fabulous! This is such an amazing idea.

14. Stef November 4, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. You guys are the best! I’ll get you the recipe very soon.

Rae – You can use any kind of nut butter to make this so if there is another kind of nut that you aren’t allergic to, you could still try them.

15. daphne November 5, 2010 at 1:03 am #

I want to donate. .that recipe is badly needed=0

16. JodiP November 5, 2010 at 3:45 am #

just donated.. cant wait to try recipe :)

17. Kristi November 5, 2010 at 6:56 am #

Donated!

18. Gary S November 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

Awesome idea, Steph! Just made my donation,

19. Gary S November 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

Awesome idea Steph, just made my donation.

20. Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie November 7, 2010 at 1:59 pm #

Wow – these look like the ice cream cones that get dipped into that slightly waxy chocolate coating.

21. KtMeyers November 9, 2010 at 7:53 am #

I contributed the $10 that I was going to spend on lunch today – what a good cause.

22. Tina Marie November 9, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

Donated and can’t wait to make them. As I have a bunch of friends that would like to eat them but aren’t bakers, I have offered to bake them for anyone who donates at least $1 (as that would give them access to the recipe). So far I have 1 taker. :)

Oh and I tried to share it to my facebook but I keep getting a broken link. :(

23. Judy @ Foodie Dreams November 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

Donation done! A good cause AND yummy cupcakes, awesome :)

24. Joy November 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

oh that is a great idea.

25. Dhana November 21, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

Great cause! Donation done !!

26. michaeldav November 21, 2010 at 9:19 pm #

I do wanna make a contribution to it.
    leanspa

27. TheSunshineStatements November 21, 2010 at 9:45 pm #

Made a post about your project in our blog! Hope the project continues to flourish and that more projects like this are to come!

28. Stef November 22, 2010 at 9:36 am #

Thanks again for all of your donations!

TheSunshineStatements – Thanks for spreading the word!

29. cndymkr / jean November 22, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

I just donated. It was easy, painless and felt great. Thanks! I can’t wait for the recipe.

30. Kimmi09 November 30, 2010 at 4:14 am #

Donated Today! Felt great to help and can’t wait for the recipe! YUMMY!

31. cupsbykim July 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

Just found this, would like to help out, and to get the recipe for these, any chance we can still get it??

32. Stef July 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

Cupsbykim – Just make a donation to FilterPure and let me know (I’ll trust you) and then I’ll send the PDF with the recipe along.

33. Jenn July 13, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Just donated! What a great cause!!

34. Dr. Peppy August 30, 2011 at 6:29 pm #

Is it still possible to get the recipe? Those cupcakes look heavenly! I’ve just made a donation to Filterpure, and would love to make them!

1. Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with No Food Coloring | Cupcake Project - April 28, 2013

[...] it’s not too late to donate to FilterPure. A donation of just $1 gets you the recipe for the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, but if you are feeling generous, consider a $200 donation to receive a  custom recipe created [...]

2. Update on Cupcake Project 4.0 – We’re Off to a Great Start! | Cupcake Project - April 29, 2013

[...] families with fresh water for five years!  When you donate $1 or more, you get my recipe for the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and are entered for a chance to win a Cupcake Tower. The first 50 people to donate $50 or more get [...]

3. Persimmon Cupcakes – How to Bake with Persimmons | Cupcake Project - April 29, 2013

[...] you want the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcake recipe and a chance to help Haiti?  Please join me in supporting FilterPure. [...]

4. Mini Sparkling Cider Cupcakes from Life Made Simple – Pin of the Week | Cupcake Project - December 14, 2013

[...] Karyn is the author of TWO fantastic dessert blogs, Pint Sized Baker and Dieter’s Downfall.  Pint Sized Baker is all about fun, semi-homemade, kid-friendly desserts. On the flip side, Dieter’s Downfall is all about decadent homemade desserts that are each made over a three day period.  For example, on Pint Sized Baker, she has simple recipes for chocolate-dipped Oreos and pretzels and a gingerbread mansion; on Dieter’s Downfall, you’ll find a chocolate butterscotch pecan tart (I want that now!) and hi hat brownies (the totally outrageous brownie version of hi hat cupcakes). [...]