These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes loaded with dark chocolate chips, topped with peanut butter frosting, then dipped in more chocolate are a sight to behold. This is the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcake! Take a look inside:
Want the recipe? Sorry, it’s not free.
I made these cupcakes as part of Cupcake Project 4.0, an effort to raise $4,000 for a charity. Cupcake Project readers nominated food and water charities, we narrowed it down to three, and then we voted.
FilterPure won! If you haven’t had a chance to read about FilterPure, what they would do with our money, and watch the short video clip about the organization, now would be a good time to do so.
How to donate to FilterPure:
- All month long, you can use the ChipIn widget above or on the sidebar of this blog to donate to FilterPure.
- You must donate through the ChipIn widget in order to receive the recipe.
- ChipIn uses PayPal to handle donations. If you do not have a PayPal account, PayPal lets you pay with a credit or debit card.
- Enter the amount that you wish to donate in the Item Price field within PayPal.
What you get when you donate $1 or more to FilterPure:
- First and foremost, you get a warm fuzzy feeling for helping out such an important cause.
- Everyone who donates $1 or more gets the recipe for these cupcakes. I will send it to you by email within a week of your donation. Please, please, please do not post or share the recipe! I will not make this recipe public until six months from now.
- One randomly chosen donor will win a small cupcake tower (which holds 72 cupcakes) from The Cupcake Tower. This is the same tower that you see filled with money in my original project post. Thanks so much to The Cupcake Tower for offering this prize! Sorry, the cupcake tower can only be sent to continental U.S. mailing addresses.
For those willing to dip a little deeper:
- The first 50 people who give $50 or more will receive a cupcake corer! I love mine! It makes perfect holes for filling cupcakes. After you make your donation, I will contact you for your mailing address. Thanks so much to Cuisipro for their generous donation! Sorry, the corers can only be sent to U.S. mailing addresses.
- Any individual who gives $200 or more will have the option of having a custom cupcake recipe created by me within the next year. You tell me the types of flavors that you like, and I’ll create your dream recipe and post about it – or, if you prefer, you can have me dedicate the recipe to someone else.
Still need a reason to give?
Many of the people who voted for FilterPure left comments about their choice. Maybe hearing why they support FilterPure will help inspire you:
“This is a great project for Haiti with the earthquake and the recent dysentery epidemic… people need these filters to survive!!”
“I voted for FilterPure, because they defined their goals clearly, and there is an acute, immediate need for potable water in Haiti.”
“I feel that this charity could do immediate good for the people in Haiti who are in the midst of a cholera epidemic for want of clean water.”
“Good people, amazingly simple, sustainable product. What’s not to love?”
“FilterPure is bringing clean water to Haiti, which is more important now than ever with the Cholera outbreak.”
“Clean water is a commodity that everyone in the world should be able to access.”
“I’m voting for Filter Pure cause I thought their response was genuine, warm and the good deeds that this money can do for them is impressive – 5 Years of water for more than 800 People! Wow!”
“I have supported this organization from their inception. Their work has touched the lives of thousands of people in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Tanzania. Imagine having clean, safe drinking water for the first time in your life! That is what FilterPure is all about!”
“A very worthwhile cause that brings the most basic of needs to those those who need it most. ”
“What would you do if you had to drink dirty water? Filterpure is so important to the needy and poverty stricken families in Haiti and other parts of the world. They are doing a great service and need our help.”
“Filter Pure has a cutting-edge technology and is run by hard working and generous people. They are careful to honor and respect the filter recipients as well as those who undertake factories and distribution. They run their organization with integrity, not taking an income, being sure that nearly 100% of donated funds go directly to filter production and distribution.”
Want to help spread the word?
I would love it if you would post about this project on Twitter, your Facebook page, or your blog. To go one step further, you could even add the ChipIn widget to your blog. If you need help putting the widget up, let me know and I’ll try my best to walk you through it.
One Last Thing
My regular readers know that I don’t like peanut butter. I refused to make peanut butter cupcakes for any of the weddings that I have done. This is the only peanut butter cupcake that you will find on my blog. I had lots of peanut butter lovers taste test it and it got the full seal of approval.