Or, you can serve peanut butter cookie dough with ice cream (I suggest chocolate ice cream!).
When making peanut butter cookie dough, you needn’t worry about ingredient order, mixing speeds, temperature, or times. You aren’t going to bake the cookie dough, so you can say, “Nanny nanny poo poo,” to the laws of baking chemistry – just mix and eat!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Recipe
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough That’s Safe to Eat
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/16 teaspoon a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chunky or smooth will both work, so pick your favorite kind
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole milk add more if you prefer a more wet dough
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Any amount of any mix-in you'd like
- Heat flour in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until a thermometer placed into the center of the flour reads 160 F.
- Mix everything in a big mixing bowl.
Now that you know how to make cookie dough, you might want to know how to turn cookie dough into frosting.
Or, how to make chocolate chip cookie dough!
Or, how to make cookie dough cupcakes.
Thanks to Janice Willis for her idea to make peanut butter cookie dough. She left me a note on my Facebook page requesting a recipe. If there is ever something you’d like me to try, let me know. No promises, but I’ll do my best to either make it or point you in the right direction to find a recipe.