I’ve had the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana so many times in smoothies and shakes, but never in frosting. So, I developed a chocolate peanut butter banana frosting recipe! I worried that the banana might throw off the frosting texture. But, it didn’t take too much banana to impart enough banana flavor and the texture was spot on. It’s perfectly pipeable!
I’m on a total sprinkle kick lately, by the way. These cupcakes don’t need sprinkles, but don’t the sprinkles make them look so much happier?!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Frosting
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons smashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix peanut butter, cocoa powder, and banana until smooth.
- Mix in butter for about three minutes to incorporate ingredients and make the frosting lighter and airier.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Spread or pipe on cooled cake or cupcakes.
Which cupcakes or cake will you use this frosting on?