Valentine’s Day cupcakes could be any cupcake made with love for your Valentine. However, if you want an extra special Valentine’s Day cupcake, I’ve got a few ideas that I’ll be sharing in the next week to give you plenty of time to get ready to make them.
My first Valentine’s Day cupcake idea for this year is the root beer float cupcake. It’s the picture of romance from a simpler time.
How to Make a Root Beer Float Cupcake
- Follow the root beer cake instructions from my post on soda fountain cupcakes.
- Top the cupcakes with a vanilla bean buttercream frosting.
- Cut two bendy straws to a size you prefer and stick them in the cupcake.
Credit and Random Norman Rockwell Facts
The Norman Rockwell painting that I doctored above is actually from an Orange Crush ad, not a root beer ad. Best Norman Rockwell Art has a fascinating discussion about Rockwell’s work on the Orange Crush ads. Rockwell had a contract with Orange Crush to make 12 ads for them.
By the time I got to the eleventh and twelfth picture I was dreaming about bottles of Orange Crush Soda Pop – long lines of them – quart size, regular size, marching down on me with all the labels distinctively readable. A stampede of bottles. I’d wake up in the middle of the night screaming, ORANGE CRUSH, ORANGE CRUSH!
I do hope that baking the Valentine’s Day root beer float cupcakes will not give you nightmares.
Last Year’s Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
For more Valentine’s Day cupcake ideas, check out the Valentine’s Day cupcakes I made last year:
- Sweetheart Valentine’s Day Cupcakes – Shirley Temple Cupcakes
- Sexy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes – Dulce de Leche Cupcakes