Cheesecake brownie pie combines three of my most favorite things – chocolate brownies, cheesecake, and pie! My cheesecake brownie pie recipe is made of rich, chocolaty brownie topped with a cheesecake swirl and set in a salty pretzel crust. When Myles and I made this pie on the Mommy and Myles Baking Show, people messaged us dying to get their hands on the detailed recipe. We are happy to oblige.
Cheesecake Brownie Pie Recipe
I make my cheesecake brownie pie recipe from scratch as I’ve never been a big fan of brownies from box mixes. The pie uses a double batch of my addictive cakey brownies recipe. I make this brownie batter in one bowl using cocoa powder for the decadent chocolate flavor.
If you like the idea of a cheesecake brownie pie but would prefer a box brownie mix or one your favorite brownie recipes, feel free to swap out the brownie recipe while keeping the cheesecake topping and pretzel crust.
The cheesecake swirl topping can also be made in one bowl. It’s a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. I accidentally left off the egg one time that I made this recipe and it was still delicious – so if you don’t have an egg, don’t sweat it!
How to Get the Marbled Look on Cheesecake Brownie Pie
To get the marbled look on this cheesecake brownie pie, top the brownie batter with cheesecake topping. Then, use a knife or a bench scraper to draw lines or swirls into the cheesecake layer. As you dig deeper into the batter, some of the brownie batter will be unearthed, creating a marble effect on the top of the pie.
Using Pretzel Crust on Brownie Pie
One of my favorite things about my brownie pie is the pretzel pie crust. I love the combination of chocolate brownie and the salty crust. I am actually itching to make regular brownies with this crust now that I’ve used it in the pie. It adds so much to the brownies!
Cheesecake Brownie Pie with a Pretzel Crust
Pretzel Crust Ingredients
- 4 cups small salted pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder this is the same a 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 large large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cheesecake Topping Ingredients
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pretzel Crust Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Crush all ingredients in a mini food processor until they look like wet sand. Or, place pretzels in a sandwich bag, crush with a rolling pin, and mix with other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10" deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) for three minutes.
- Pour into pre-baked pretzel crust.
Cheesecake Topping, Final Assembly, and Baking Instructions
- Beat all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour over brownie batter.
- Use a knife or a bench scraper to draw lines or swirls into the cheesecake layer. As you dig deeper into the batter, some of the chocolate will be unearthed creating a marble effect on the top of the pie.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the pie is set. A toothpick inserted into the center of the pie will come out with just a few crumbs on it.
- Turn off oven and prop the door open slightly, leaving the pie in the oven to slowly cool. This prevents cracking.
- After an hour, remove from the oven and cool to room temperature before slicing.
If you like this brownie pie, you’ll also like:
- Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies (Brownies work as cookies, too!)
- Flourless Pistachio Brownies (These could also be made into pie!)
- Key Lime Ice Cream Pie with a Pretzel Crust (This is one of the best recipes using my pretzel crust that I’ve ever made!)
- Chocolate Brownie Cake from Snappy Gourmet (If you like brownie pie, I’m betting that you’ll like brownie cake, too!)