How to Make a Chocolate Cup – It’s Shockingly Simple

How to Make a Chocolate Cup – It’s Shockingly Simple

Share:

Chocolate Cups

You can’t bake in chocolate cups, but once you learn how to make a chocolate cup, you’ll find yourself stuffing chocolate cups with peanut butter, filling them with candy, and using the chocolate cups for ice cream cupcakes (as did the winner of last year’s Ice Cream Cupcake Contest).  I also have a surprise use for the chocolate cups that I’ll be sharing in my next post.

Chocolate cups are shockingly simple to make.  In fact, making chocolate cups is a fun toddler activity.  To make them, you paint the inside of silicone cupcake liners with melted chocolate.  What toddler is going to say, “No,” to paint that you can eat?

Painting with chocolate

Myles was clearly jazzed about the task.

Making chocolate cups

His excitement didn’t show any signs of declining as we moved through the project.

Making Chocolate CupsThen again, I did catch him doing this:

Licking paintbrushBut, we were able to focus and get down to business to get the job done.

Making chocolate cups

As you can see from the photos, I chose to use a mix of white and dark chocolate for my cups.  But, of course, you can use whatever kind of chocolate you like.

Products Related to This Recipe

Chicago Metallic Baking Essentials Silicone Baking Cups, Set of 12

Silicone cupcake liners are much easier to work with than than paper one.  You’ll be glad to have them around for other projects as well.

View on Amazon.com

Crayola 5ct Art and Craft Brush Set

Any cheap small paintbrush will work well.

View on Amazon.com

You’ll need tempered chocolate.  Here are some brands I love!

Callebaut Chocolate Callets (small disc) White 28.1% cacao 2 lbs

If you want the striped look, you’ll need some white chocolate too!

View on Amazon.com

How to Make a Chocolate Cup

How to Make a Chocolate Cup

1. Paint a thin layer of chocolate onto the inside of each cupcake liner.
  2. Refrigerate the liners for ten minutes.
  3. Paint a second thin layer of chocolate on top of the first layer.
  4. Refrigerate the liners for another ten minutes.
  5. Carefully pop the chocolate cups out of the liners.

24 comments on “How to Make a Chocolate Cup – It’s Shockingly Simple”

1. Amy says:

Man, all I got was finger paint and Mr. Sketch markers when I was a kid… They might’ve smelled good, but they didn’t taste a thing like chocolate! Looks like a really fun and delicious afternoon!

2. Lucy says:

Oh my these look gorgeous and so easy to make, definitely going to try these out, they look so impressive!

Lucy Loves To Cook.

3. Karen says:

I cannot wait to try this!

4. Looks like you and the kiddo had a blast! These cups are so cute and easy!

5. Patce says:

I have to try out this definitely! :-)

6. Rebecca says:

Great Idea! With ice-cream season coming up I am sure I will make them soon ;)

7. This looks very easy. I love that you used different kind of chocolates. That looks really beautiful!

8. These look so great – I’m definitely going to be trying these! Thanks so much for the idea!

9. Pinning for easy and cuteness.

10. Kirk Aug says:

Myles is a lucky little guy! Perhaps, Jupiter and I should try this out.

11. Rasberrydanish says:

Tomorrow morning, I will be making these chocolate cups; I will fill them with white chocolate mixed with home made whipped heavy cream & vanilla paste. Can’t waint

12. cathy says:

Looks fabulous, can’t wait to try them and just in time for winter when people just want that taste of chocolate on a cold night, maybe stuff it with healthy berries and a touch of vanilla custard a different no cook dessert…

13. Those pictures are hilarious – definitely looks like fun! Note to self: need silione cupcake liners because I’d love to try this.

14. Susan says:

Are they easy to remove fromt he cup cake holder? Can you use any paper cup cake hoder?

• Stef says:

They are easy to remove with silicone. I don’t think they would be as easy with paper. Also, the paper wouldn’t hold its shape as well for the painting part.

• Heather says:

Paper would not work well, but the foil looking cups might work because they are not paper and chocolate will peel off foil easier than paper, but you’d still have to put the foil cups into a muffin tin so they keep their shape while they harden. My only concern is where to find tempered chocolate locally. Never heard of it before. Plus the chocolate must be GMO free or else I won’t eat it.

• Rana says:

I tried them on Paper Cup cake, and it did work!! Just be extremely careful, they can break easily otherwise. :)

15. Leanne D. Martin says:

How many does this recipe make?

16. julie rawat says:

Chocolate is one of the most enjoyable and effective ways to medicate.Full Melt chocolates are organic fair trade premier brand of medicated chocolate bars.

17. Ela says:

I actually made it for my Easter treats using candy melts, so easy to make and so cute with jelly beans on top.

18. I recently purchased plastic molds from Wilton and they were soo difficult to remove without breaking. Love the idea of this! Silicone/foil cups would be so much more flexible & therefore, probably way easier to remove without breaking. At least I hope ;)