Waffle iron baked apples so are fun, easy, and healthy that they could quickly become a new staple around here. They take just one minute to make and all you need is an apple, a little sugar, and a waffle iron.
The timing worked out perfectly for my discovery of waffle iron baked apples.
We had just gone apple picking at Mills Apple Farm and left with a ton of Jonathan apples and some adorable photos:
I’ve always been hugely impressed with Daniel’s creativity and the power of the waffle iron. I was so excited to get my hands on the book.
Will It Waffle is a pure joy to read. It’s filled with sweet and savory recipes that you never would have imagined making on a waffle iron – waffled onion rings, a waffle burger, spaghetti and waffled meatballs, and red velvet waffle ice cream sandwiches are just a few. Of course there are recipes for everyday great waffles as well.
My waffled apples are inspired by Daniel’s waffled pineapple (which I also can’t wait to try)!
One Minute Waffle Iron Baked Apples
- Non-stick cooking spray
- As many apples as you want sliced to just over 1/4" thick
- Small sprinkle of sugar for each apple slice optional
- Heat waffle iron.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Optionally rub both sides of apple slices with a little sugar. This isn't necessary (the apples are plenty sweet), but it does make them look better because the sugar caramelizes.
- Place one apple slice in each section of the waffle iron.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for about a minute or until the apples look waffled.