My cupcake suggestion for this year’s July 4th party combines the taste of cherry cobbler with the fun factor of a single serving cupcake – complete with iconic cherry (my non-cupcake suggestion, in case you were curious, is my homemade Pocky Sticks decked out for July 4th)! These cherry cobbler cupcakes feature two fresh pitted cherries baked right into a brown sugar lemony batter.
The cherry cobbler cupcakes are even better when wrapped in adorable cupcake wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture…
…and set out on a stand from The Smart Baker!
Cherry Cobbler Cupcakes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup milk
- 32 cherries pitted and de-stemmed
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh whipped cream to taste
- 16 cherries with stems for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until fully combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in lemon extract and milk.
- Fill cupcake liners ¼ full. Note that this will not use all of the batter.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the batter is baking, roll the pitted and de-stemmed cherries in a bowl of corn starch and sugar until the cherries are fully coated.
- Remove cupcake tin from the oven and place two coated cherries on top of the partially cooked batter in each cupcake liner.
- Divide remaining batter evenly among the cupcake liners, covering the cherries. The batter will come nearly to the top of the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
- Top each cooled cupcake with fresh whipped cream and a cherry.
Every blog in the party created July 4th cupcakes using Bella Cupcake Couture wrappers. Grab some milk and a cupcake and have a look at all of the blogs below for some incredible July 4th inspiration.
Sorry the contest is now over.
Thanks to our amazing Prize Pack sponsors for their generous donations! Please, visit their websites to see more of their fabulous products!
How to Win
To enter to WIN this Prize Pack, simply fill out the entry form below.
Contest opens June 25, 2013 at 7 AM PST and closes July 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. One winner will be chosen and announced within 48 hours of the contest ending. The winner will be contacted via email by firstname.lastname@example.org and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. If they do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
This contest is open to residents worldwide.
a Rafflecopter giveaway