Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Cobblers seem so Fall to me; brown sugar, cinnamon, and big chunks of fruit make me want to snuggle under a blanket with a loved one.  But, peach cobbler is so much better in the summer when it can be made with fresh fuzzy peaches (I happen to adore the fuzz) rather than the uniform slimy ones from a can.

My peach cobbler cupcakes take the essence of cobbler and turn it into a treat that you don’t need a fork to enjoy.  They are moist and rustic – the cupcakes won’t look identical because peach chunks poking out of the sides and tops of some of the cupcakes will give them a definite homemade look.  For those bemoaning the lack of crumbs, you can follow my crumb topping recipe and throw some on top of the frosting. However, I think that the coarse colored sugar serves as a nice substitute.

Peach Cobbler Cupcake Recipe

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Yield: 16 cupcakes

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

• 1 1/2 C flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 C peaches, roughly chopped (about 2 medium-sized peaches)

1. With a fork, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
  2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until blended.
  4. Mix in flour mixture.
  5. Fold in peaches.
  6. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
  7. Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.

See Tamarind Spread Frosting at the bottom of this post

Tamarin Spread Frosting

I’m all about homemade.  You never see me promoting cake mixes or tubs of pre-made frosting.  So, I’m a bit ashamed to admit that the frosting for my peach cobbler cupcakes was “made” by opening a jar of Tamarin spread (the spreadable Biscoff cookie), taking out a knife, and shmearing it on the peach cobbler cupcakes.  I’m only “a bit” ashamed because spreading a cookie on top of a cupcake might just be one of my very best ideas.  So easy and so delicious! Try it!

35 comments on “Peach Cobbler Cupcakes”

1. Sourkraut says:

I may have to wait to copy this exact recipe until I win one of those jars of Tamarin (I’m still holding out hope that I will win!) but if I get my hands on some fresh peaches sooner I may make the cake and improvise with the frosting. They look lovely!

2. Lauren G. says:

Ha! Same here Sourkraut!!

3. Lori says:

This looks ridiculous (in an amazingly great way!). Seriously delicious! I want one!

4. Eliana says:

These cupcakes look absolutely perfect Stef.

5. Joy says:

Great recipe. I love the concept

6. Kim says:

Yeah, I know what I’ll be doing this weekend. Heading to Eckert’s for peaches, baking cupcakes, then heading to the gym to undo the damage!

7. Francesca says:

This cupcake sounds delicious, and the fall colors are gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE fall. Can’t wait to use this as my computer background when September hits.

Cookies spread on top of a cupcake sounds simply amazing! Yum! Great job!

8. BakerChick says:

Question, if I thinned out the biscoff cookie recipe with some milk, could i use it as a frosting for these cupcakes? Assuming that I don’t win the Tamarin spread give away contest that is ;)

9. Christi says:

What a cool idea! love it!

10. shiresse s says:

OMG..this is a GREAT idea it looks very classy and less messy.My 93 year old grandmother recent gave me her peach cobbler recipe and I was thinking bout trying to make it for her birthday but got really discourged with the rolling and cuting dough part for the crust.Making this cupcake would put a new twist on a classic recipe and impress my great grandma.I really need that topping pleaseeeeeee.

Shiresse S

11. Stef says:

BakerChick – As another option, I’d recommend making brown sugar frosting and adding a teaspoon or so of cinnamon.

12. Ivy says:

Gorgeous!!!As always. I love the sugar topping-very classy choice.

13. This is great!Thank you for sharing this good recipe.I’ll try to make this one!

14. Becky says:

Wow! These look amazing. I can’t wait to get some peaches, and make some. I may have to improvise on the frosting, if I don’t win the Tamarin.

15. Rachael says:

I made these on Saturday. They are AMAZING!! Since I didn’t have the Tamarin spread, I used the Strawberry Whipped Cream as the frosting. It made them very summery and yummy!

16. Look great and sounds delicious. I bought 25 pounds of peaches at the farmers market to can, but a few will be made into cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.

17. Sophia says:

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!

18. Jennifer says:

Wow this is a great idea and they are SO cute!!!

19. Koci says:

What a great idea! That sugary topping is especially cute.

20. Hannah says:

Love the new blog layout! Very clean and classy.

21. Sourkraut says:

Thanks for this recipe! I just made some last night and went a little crazy coming up with a filling and frosting to accentuate the peach cake. You can see my version here:

22. Maria says:

These cupcakes are great! I skipped the frosting and used a variety of crumb toppings for more of a muffin taste.

23. These look stellar. I tried using silken tofu instead of butter to save a bunch of calories in this muffin tin peach cobbler:

The results were good but next time I’ll have consider incorporating sour cream.

24. Anonymous says:

this looks narley cant wait to try !1! were do u get this stuff? it lokks easy to do i love peach cobbler and and cupcakes!!

25. Anonymous says:

Do you need to refrigerate these??

26. Tawny says:

I made these following this recipe and they were delicious. I used a cream cheese frosting and put a little dusting of cinnamon on top. I’m making them again today for a party, and I think I’m going to add a teaspoon or so of cinnamon to the batter as well.

27. Heidi says:

I just love all your recipes!! This one especially!! I have been making this one for a while however I made it with a home made buttercream with Cinnamon and it was really good, before that I instead did a thin layer of Nutella and that was good too. Now for the holidays I’ve instead of peaches I’ve but in 1 apple chopped up small and cranberries.. Then just top it with a vanilla buttercream frosting and they are a big hit! I do boil sugar and water and then let the cranberries sit in that for a while so they aren’t as tart!

28. Zebe's Cakery says:

I just wanted to thank you so much for this recipe. I live in Athens, GA, and I’m just beginning a new home baking business and wanted to do something a little different. I used your recipe, but replaced the peaches with peach preserves. For the icing, I did a Peach Schnapps buttercream and sprinkled struesel over the top. These tasted exactly like peach cobbler, and i can’t wait to take samples around tomorrow!

29. Renee says:

These look amazing. I love peaches. Can’t wait to try these. I really want to try the Tamarindo you spoke about. I am a cinnamon fan. Have made numerous recipes with cinnamon. Absolutely love cinnamon sugar toast for a snack. Will have to investigate this Tamarindo further. Thanks for the recipe!!

30. Renee says:

Oops!! My phone changed the spelling of Tamarin on me. Sorry

31. Carrie says:

Wondering if you think nectarines would work instead of peaches?

32. Judy Fisher says:

Can these be refrigerated to store?

33. Nosheja says:

I tried this recipe and i used 1tsp of cinnamon and used 1tbls of vanilla extract.The results were absolutely amazing. I made 12 big cupcakes and i used Pilsbury Cream Cheese Frosting also. I’m going to definitely bake these again.