Easy Peaches and Cream Recipe
Peaches and cream is a simple yet fantastic summer dessert. I jazz up my recipe by sautéing the peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon and the whole recipe still takes about ten minutes to make.
I find that the best peaches for this dish are very ripe fresh peaches. The better they are, the more their flavor will shine.
You’ll also need heavy cream, sugar, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
How It’s Made
Start by melting butter in a skillet. Then, add sliced peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for about ten minutes; the cook time will vary depending on how ripe your peaches are. The goal is for the sugar to melt and for the peaches to get nice and soft.
Next, you’ll want to make whipped cream. Fresh whipped cream (sometimes called Chantilly cream) is made by whisking heavy cream with a little bit of sugar.
It’s easiest to whip the cream using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, however it can be done by hand. It just takes a little stamina! You’ll be whisking for about five minutes.
Tip: To make perfect whipped cream, make sure that the heavy whipping cream is cold – straight out of the refrigerator – before whipping. Warm cream won’t whip up nicely.
Expert Tips and FAQs
Some people swear by using strained canned peaches and drizzling some of the syrup from the can over the whipped cream; you won’t want to sauté these with sugar because the recipe will end up sickeningly sweet. I would opt for buying frozen peaches over canned ones, making sure to thaw them out first before sautéing them.
You can always grill the peaches instead of sautéing them. Another variation is to put sautéed peaches and cream inside of a puff pastry to make little cream puffs (see these blueberry cream puffs). If peaches aren’t your thing, you can try making this recipe using any stone fruit (like plums, apricots, or pluots) or serve berries with cream instead.
- Easy peach crumble
- Peach cookies
- Peach whipped cream
- Baked peaches with crumb topping
- Fresh strawberry whipped cream
Peaches and Cream
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Sautéed Peaches Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ripe peaches washed, pitted, and sliced into 1/8″ slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Whipped Cream Instructions
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cold heavy whipping cream on high speed. As you whisk, you’ll notice that the cream will begin to get bubbly and then thicken.
- Keep on whisking until it is thick enough that it doesn’t collapse when you lift up the whisk or place some on a spoon.
- After this happens, add the sugar and give the whipped cream one final short whisk.
Sautéed Peaches Instructions
- Melt butter in a small skillet on medium low heat.
- Add peaches, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir periodically for about ten minutes until peach slices are soft and coated in melted sugar.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!