Easy Peaches and Cream Recipe
Peaches and cream is a simple summer dessert consisting of sliced peaches served with fresh whipped cream. I jazz up my peaches and cream recipe by sautéeing the peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon and the whole recipe still takes about ten minutes to make.
How to Make Peaches and Cream
The basics of peaches and cream couldn’t be easier:
- Slice peaches (or open a can of sliced peaches)
- Serve with fresh whipped cream (or store-bought whipped cream)
But, with just a little extra effort, you can make this peach dessert extra special.
Warm sautéed peaches are incredible in peaches and cream!
Start by melting butter on a skillet. Then, add the sliced peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for about ten minutes. The cook time will vary depending on how ripe your peaches are. The goal is for the sugar to melt and the peaches to get nice and soft.
If you prefer, you can grill the peaches instead of sautéeing them.
Canned Peaches vs. Fresh Peaches in Peaches and Cream
I find that the best peaches for peaches and cream are very ripe fresh peaches.
However, some people swear by using canned peaches and drizzling some of the syrup from the can over the whipped cream.
How to Make Fresh Whipped Cream
Fresh whipped cream (sometimes called chantilly cream) is made by whipping heavy whipping cream with a little bit of sugar.
It’s easiest to whip the cream using an electric mixer. However, it can be done by hand. It just takes a little stamina! You’ll be whisking for about five minutes.
To make perfect whipped cream, make sure that the heavy whipping cream is cold – straight out of the refrigerator – before whipping. Warm cream won’t whip up nicely.
Peaches and Cream Variations
If peaches aren’t your thing, you can try making this recipe using any stone fruit:
You may also want to try making berries and cream.
Or, try putting the sautéed peaches and cream inside of a puff pastry to make little cream puffs. You can see a similar idea with The Bitter Side of Sweet’s blueberry cream puffs.
If You Liked This Recipe, You May Also Like…
- My really easy peach crumble made by stuffing fresh peach halves.
- Fresh strawberry whipped cream (You can use it to top cupcakes or just eat it on its own.)
Peaches and Cream
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Sautéed Peaches Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ripe peaches washed, pitted, and sliced into 1/8" slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Whipped Cream Instructions
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cold heavy whipping cream on high speed. As you whisk, you'll notice that the cream will begin to get bubbly and then thicken.
- Keep on whisking until it is thick enough that it doesn't collapse when you lift up the whisk or place some on a spoon.
- After this happens, add the sugar and give the whipped cream one final short whisk.
Sautéed Peaches Instructions
- Melt butter in a small skillet on medium low heat.
- Add peaches, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir periodically for about ten minutes until peach slices are soft and coated in melted sugar.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!