I wanted a blueberry cupcake that would be special (not interchangeable with all the mediocre blueberry muffins out there) and, as is always my rule, it had to be something that I would like. I ended up with these:
Each bite of these blueberry cupcakes brings you another burst of flavor. Sure, there are the juicy blueberries that pop in your mouth, but there are also oats from your favorite granola, dark chocolate chunks, and a hint of maple and apple butter in the cake itself. They’re topped with homemade whipped cream.
Products Related to Blueberry Granola Cupcakes
These are the chocolate chunks that I use. Chocolate chips would also work. (View on Amazon)
Blueberry Granola Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup apple butter
- ½ cup milk
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1 cup granola any variety
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- Whipped Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Blueberries for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix in the maple syrup, butter, and apple butter.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just integrated.
- Mix in the milk until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, granola, and chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly between twelve cupcake liners.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly touched.
Whipped Cream Instructions
- Whip heavy whipping cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Optionally decorate with a fresh blueberry.