Amazing 30 Second Chocolate Leaves | Cupcake Project

Amazing 30 Second Chocolate Leaves

One of the best tricks that I learned during my day as a chocolatier at Kakao Chocolate was how to make these chocolate leaves in just thirty seconds.

Start by pouring a long blob of tempered chocolate onto parchment paper.

Use a very well cleaned hair comb or a special cake decorating comb to drag lines on both sides of the chocolate.  I tried this at home with a fork and it didn’t work as well since the tines are too close together.

Finger paint the outline of the leaf.

Fold the parchment paper up a little to create a slight curve in the leaf.

Cool in the refrigerator, peel the chocolate leaf off the parchment paper, eat, or use to decorate!

14 Responses to Amazing 30 Second Chocolate Leaves

1. Kate Pop March 1, 2013 at 7:16 am #

Heh, when I saw the photos with the specialist gloves and comb, I thought that this would be one for the pros. But wow, so simple to do, and such a pretty effect. I bet the texture feels great in the mouth too, rather than the standard block chocolate.

Might be a good idea to use several of these leaves to surround a nest of easter eggs for the forthcoming festivities :)

2. Holiday Baker Man March 1, 2013 at 11:07 am #

I love this post…. did something like it for my Valentines day cake!

3. Gourmet Getaways March 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

What a super idea!!! I hope you don’t mind if I borrow it in the future. Naturally I will send everyone to you to read the tutorial. Love it!!

• Stef March 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

Of course I don’t mind – use and enjoy!

• Nancy Caron March 2, 2013 at 5:33 am #

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Can’t wait to try it.

4. javediqbal March 2, 2013 at 7:17 am #

Title:
    The Best High Returns on Best Investment

Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:

Display Name: whatacash

5. bakingismyzen March 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Genius!

~Carmen

6. Spencer March 3, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

They look so good! I reckon I could eat about 100 of them.

7. Maude March 7, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

This kind of makes me miss when I used to temper chocolate. It’s been years, but I remember I always used valrhona dark and I had sooooo much fun making little decorations. Aaaahhhh… mem’ries..

8. Whisky bars in Singapore March 18, 2013 at 2:00 am #

That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.Im wishing you to carry on with ur achivments.All the best

9. Lail | With A Spin April 1, 2013 at 7:07 pm #

Brilliant idea.

10. Debbie May 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

Looks far easier than my leaves. I would pick firm leaves from my lemon tree – wash them well & rinse in cold water. Dry with paper towel & ‘paint’ the back (veiny side) with chocolate. Place in freezer. Peel lemon leaf from chocolate. They did look nice with frosting roses.

1. How to Temper Chocolate Like a Pro (You’ll Be Surprised By How Easy It Is) | Cupcake Project - April 17, 2013

[...] if chocolate is tempered when using it in cake batter.  But, for chocolate decorations (like my 30 second chocolate leaves), ganache that shines, properly textured truffles, and gorgeous chocolate-dipped fruits and [...]

2. Lemon Everything | Sanity Bakery - June 20, 2013

[...] So in a fit of irrational energy (coffee), I made lemon cupcakes with lavender icing, lemon curd filling, and white chocolate leaves. [...]