Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – You’ll Never Buy it Again

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – You’ll Never Buy it Again

My homemade Baileys Irish Cream led to far more questions and comments from my friends than my cupcakes ever do. “What’s in Baileys Irish Cream?” “Where can I get the recipe for Baileys?” “OMG! This Baileys is sooo good! Will you be posting the Baileys recipe?” Sometimes I think that I should forget cupcakes altogether and just post recipes for things that people didn’t realize they could make at home. Some of my most popular posts right now are homemade Kahluahomemade grenadine (my most popular post of all time), how to make clotted cream, and homemade tahini. But, how could I ever give up on my petite frosted friends?

Products Related to Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, Platinum

Sure, any blender will do for homemade Baileys Irish Cream.  But if you are buying a new one and can swing the cost, this blender is magical.  It can blend anything without even having to catch its breath.

View on Amazon.com

AH!LASKA Organic Chocolate Syrup, 22-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4)

You’ll need chocolate syrup for this recipe.  Hershey’s is the easiest to find, but the number one ingredient in it is high fructose corn syrup (the second is corn syrup).  This syrup is a nice alternative.

View on Amazon.com

Instant Espresso, 2 Oz, 2 Oz

The homemade Baileys Irish Cream recipe calls for instant coffee.  To kick up the coffee flavor, choose an instant espresso.

View on Amazon.com

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe

Here is the homemade Baileys Irish Cream recipe for all of my friends, both on and offline. It’s easy enough that you should have time to whip up a batch to take to your New Year’s Eve parties! I found the recipe on a discussion forum on Chowhound. The entire discussion is worth a read. It contains lots of information about the drink. I am repriting it below with my notes.

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – You’ll Never Buy it Again

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – You’ll Never Buy it Again

• 1 cup light cream (I used heavy whipping cream, which made it even richer)
  • 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey (I used Jameson's)
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract (I skipped this entirely)

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and set on high speed for 30 seconds.
  2. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using.
  3. Will keep for up to 2 months.

Video Demo

For a video demonstration of this recipe, check out my Baileys Irish Cream Holiday Hangout.

276 comments on “Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – You’ll Never Buy it Again”

1. SheWolf says:

Do you know if you can freeze it and keep it longer? We usually keep our Bailey’s in the freezer, so I would like to do the same. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

• James Groover says:

The fact that you keep it in the freezer is a common misconception. That everyone from my sister, friends, and anyone who drinks it makes.
      What you actually are doing is wrong in fact, the crystals in the cream form at freezing and in a way the damage is done by the time it reaches 32 degrees. It is said that alcohol never freezes, This is true. But, the cream, any water, or anything other than alcohol does freeze and will not stay liquid.
      Freezing milk fat, cream, or any dairy product destroys the basic structure, (molecularly) flavor, and quality of anything it goes into. Scientifically speaking, doing so is very bad for the components of the drink. The final outcome, a less than substandard drink that you have in bottle. You wasted the money when you should have brought the drink down to just above freezing, 39 degrees, slowly over a period of hours, either through chilling on ice, in an ice bath or in the fridge for a day.

• googee says:

It follows from this that one can not make ice cream … interesting

• Jenny says:

Just wandering if you can use honey Whisky,Jack Daniels Tennessee ?

• Susanne says:

I make it with Christian Brother’s brandy, so maybe you can use the whiskey you have a taste for also. But, you need to try it with CB. I never use Irish whiskey. Good luck!

• kelly says:

I followed the recipe to a “t”…..and it curdled after 30 seconds of blending. What did I do wrong?!? How can I prevent it from curdling again the next time I make it? Other websites mentioned adding the whiskey in slowly – is that what I was supposed to do?

• STEPHANIE JONES says:

Maybe you blender had traces of salt, lemon or something acidic? That will curdle cream or if the mixture was heated too high or very cold cream was added to warm ingredients too quickly. Hope this helps.

• Kate says:

This person is obviously happy with cream liqueur from the freezer, so try to be positive, try to be happy for her. Be happy!

• pete says:

You must be fun at parties.

• barb says:

it will keep in fridge for up to 2 months and you can sub the instant coffee for 1/4 cup of brewed coffee works well.

• Lardiver says:

Freezing sounds like a plan,I just made 2 26ers, my recipe is close to yours but a little different. I have been making it for years but one differentce I us is home made liqires instead of irish whisky. I had a liter of whipping cream that i needed to use up so i made a big batch of irish cream. I drink mine in coffee.

• ceddy Andrade says:

It does not last long enough to freeze it.

2. Stef says:

SheWolf – I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.

3. brian says:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… i hope mine comes out as good as the sample we had!!!!! i can’t wait to make some!

• SRT8 says:

Its great……cant leave it alone….I modify the reciepe a little….I add an egg and additional 1/2 cup Southern Comfort to the whiskey and malted milk powder 1 Tbs….I suggest that you try a sample of your brew with a little malted powder to see if it is to your taste.before adding it to the total brew. I use an original Bailys bottle for container….I don’t have to worry about freezing cuz it does not last long as it tastes soo sooo good….Don”t spoil it by putting it in coffee…straight is great….if you like the coffee flavor, jack up on the instant. This is the first time I have ever found a use for instant coffee.

4. oh yummy. This would make a good present for my dad. Heck, I could give it to him tomorrow and win me over for his next birthday, father’s day and the next Christmas! THanks for sharing this!

5. B & D says:

we love bailey;s irish cream especially the caramal one..great recipe but we dont get whisky here :(

6. B & D says:

7. B & D says:

8. B & D says:

9. B & D says:

10. Mr. P says:

It’s actually something you can mke with Christmas leftovers too – who doesn’t have cream in the fridge at the moment?

Forgive me. I’m just trying to make blending your own liquers seem like a good example of seasonal eating! And if you can’t do that at this time of year, when can you?

11. This is going to save me so much money.

I love you. :o)

12. I’ve never even considered making my own Baileys – what a great post! My husband just bought a bottle of Baileys for the holidays and now I’d like to make your recipe and do a side by side comparison.

I wish you a fantastic 2010!

13. Danielle says:

Baileys Irish Cream is one of my favorite liqeuers. I never ever dreamed of making it myself. And the ingredients are so basic. Who would’ve thought?!

14. culinography says:

I’m moving this bookmark right up next to my Homemade Kahlua bookmark! Awesome!!

15. Kathleen says:

I love Baileys! It never occurred to me to make it at home. I can’t wait to try it!

16. Chic Cookies says:

Brilliant! I juuuuust ran out of Baileys, and I have a cocktail I want to make, and I was going to buy more. I will definitely try this instead!

17. Anonymous says:

Do you know if you can use Jack Daniels? I happen to have JD in the cupboard and this would be amazing to make for my New Year’s party, but I don’t want to have to go to the liquor store on New Year’s Eve! lol

18. Stef says:

Anon – Sorry I didn’t get back to you in time for your party. Did you try it? I think it would work, but it wouldn’t taste quite the same.

19. Bravemonkey says:

Has anyone tried this using real coffee instead of instant? How did it turn out?

20. Anonymous says:

what a fantastic recipe. I had a party last night and everyone loved my Bailey’s Irish Cream. Thank you thank you thank you.

21. COST – How much do i save by doing it myself? A small bottle of Baileys costs 20 bucks…anybody price out the ingredients and serving size comparison? Thanks.

22. Patrick says:

I believe that 1 2/3 cup of Irish Whiskey is supposed to be 2/3 cup unless you are looking to drastically increase from the 34 proof of Bailey’s.

23. Anonymous says:

Has anyone else made this recipe. I agree with Patrick, after making it, the amount of whiskey called for here is a big high. I think I may try it again using only 2/3 of a cup instead of an entire 375ml bottle.

24. alai says:

Finally I’ll be able to drink Bailey’s from a shoe. :D

25. I think that this is a lovely showcase of ingenouty. I will try and make some with a homemade chocolate sauce using dark cocao powder, and real ground coffee grounds as a simple syrup.

26. This comment has been removed by the author.

27. There’s a space between the 1 and the 2 of “1 2/3 cup of Irish Whiskey” — it’s 1 and 2/3 cups, or 5/3 cup, not 12/3. jeeze.

I like Jason Sandeman’s idea for making your own chocolate syrup with coffee; I was thinking, too, that you could use a shot of espresso instead of instant coffee (and maybe cut the cream a smidgeon if that additional liquid made it too watery).

28. Cobalt says:

The recipe I use has a little more chocolate than that, and is half whiskey. Also there’s an egg involved.

For some reason cheap whiskey tends to taste better in homemade Bailey’s than the good stuff. We tried it with fairly nice Irish whiskey one time, and didn’t like it nearly as much as the horrible stuff from a plastic bottle. I don’t know why.

29. John Shore says:

Amazing. You are my official new hero.

30. Sharon says:

Oh wow I seriously didn’t know you can DIY Irish Cream! I can’t wait to try this one ;)

31. Dipus says:

What mean T, C ? I’m italian, I can convert Oz to liters but I don’t know what C and T mean.

32. Anonymous says:

T means Tablespoon
    t means teaspoon
    C means Cup
    …I think…

33. eagleapex says:

easy volume conversions can be done with confidence.

34. Dipus says:

Thx to all for the reply.

35. peter says:

Just a note about the amount of whiskey required: 1 and 2/3 cups is 13 ounces, in other words a 375 mL bottle.

You could also use whisky, but then it woudn’t be “Irish” cream.

36. Jenny says:

this may be a stupid question, but I am unfamiliar with coffee. When you say a teaspoon of instant coffee, you mean a teaspoon of the instant coffee grounds, right? Not a teaspoon of already made instant coffee?

37. Jackie says:

I can’t thank you enough for this. I love baileys and could drink it all the time. But, i’ve never seen a recipe for making it. I can’t wait to try this out.

38. nikkonikko says:

Blogger alai said…

Finally I’ll be able to drink Bailey’s from a shoe. :D

January 3, 2010 7:00 AM

Old Gregg, is that you!!?!?

39. Joan M says:

This is great! I made it yesterday afternoon and had a number of people taste it – my son declared that it should only be drunk at home so that you can go to bed straight after! And driving after having drunk some would definitely result in failing the breathalyzer!

My husband loves it! I love it! It’s so easy!!

40. Katie says:

I did it! With the heavy cream–an awesome local Jersey cream. I also dropped the whiskey to 1 1/3 cup and the almond extract to 1/2 tsp and did melted chocolate for the Hershey’s syrup–half ounce each of 60% and white chocolate. And the new Starbucks stuff for the instant coffee powder. +milk and ice in blender makes an awesome frappe.

41. Katie says:

And unless my math is wrong, 1 and 2/3 cup whiskey (~400 ml) actually yields a slightly lower proof than commercial Baileys. It’s 4.125 cups liquid (1 2/3 c whisky + 1 c cream+ 1 1/3 c milk + .125 c hersheys) of which 2/3 c is alcohol (since the whisky is 40%). 2/3 / 4.125 = .16. And commercial is 17%.

Yes, I know it’s 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, but that is packed by weight and its volume is a cup and a third (I checked).

It’s funny though how people perceive the homemade as stronger. Makes you wonder if Baileys does something to mask it!

42. Anonymous says:

Great Stuff.
    I would not try real coffee; it might not dissolve completely.
    Instead of 2 T Hershey’s syrup, I used 2 T cocoa dissolved in 2 T hot water.

43. alai says:

nikkonikko: I do watercolours.

44. Nonbirira says:

Tried it with and without vanilla. Gotta say – with vanilla is even MORE DELICIOUS!

45. Sam Fentress says:

I first made this without the almond extract (with espresso and cocoa powder mixed into a syrup), and tasted it next to a bottle of real Baileys. It was still missing a interesting tang, so I figured it was the almond extract. I just put in about half a teaspoon.

Whew, half a teaspoon of almond extract really added a kick. It was definitely not Bailey’s anymore. It was still very good, but the taste of almond extract was noticeable to everyone that tasted it. With a whole teaspoon it would have been way too powerful.

I’d recommend reducing the amount of almond extract in the recipe to a quarter teaspoon, or leaving it out entirely.

Anyway, thanks for the recipe. We finished off the whole bottle in a night, almond extract or no!

46. I didn’t even realize this was a possibility! My life forthwith will never be the same!

47. Becky says:

Wow wow wow, this was amazing! I do agree with a lot of the other commenters that the taste of the alcohol was a little strong, but once it’s mixed with coffee or blended with ice it’s much more subdued. Out of personal preference, I skipped the almond extract and used about a tablespoon of amaretto syrup instead, and boy was it yummy! My friends can’t get enough of it, and neither can I. Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Next to try the homemade Kahlua, and make my own mudslides…

48. Margaret V says:

I’m about to make this now! I believe the reason homemade tastes stronger, is because folks are tasting it right away. If you can refrain from drinking for a couple weeks to a month, it allows the flavors to meld and mellow.

49. Margaret V says:

50. Margaret V says:

51. Margaret V says:

52. Margaret V says:

53. Margaret V says:

Also for those looking for a price comparison.

This makes about 750ml of irish cream, which runs around $20-25 here.

The cream runs around $1-1.50
    The condensed milk runs around $1.60-2
    The whiskey runs between $6-15 depending on the quality you buy.
    You could maybe add another $.50-1 for the other ingredients.

So you could make $20-25 of ‘Bailey’s’ for $9-20 (A lot less if you decide to half the whiskey as recommended by several posters)

54. Margaret V says:

Also for those looking for a price comparison.

This makes about 750ml of irish cream, which runs around $20-25 here.

The cream runs around $1-1.50
    The condensed milk runs around $1.60-2
    The whiskey runs between $6-15 depending on the quality you buy.
    You could maybe add another $.50-1 for the other ingredients.

55. Margaret V says:

Also for those looking for a price comparison.

This makes about 750ml of irish cream, which runs around $20-25 here.

The cream runs around $1-1.50
    The condensed milk runs around $1.60-2
    The whiskey runs between $6-15 depending on the quality you buy.
    You could maybe add another $.50-1 for the other ingredients.

56. Margaret V says:

Also for those looking for a price comparison.

This makes about 750ml of irish cream, which runs around $20-25 here.

The cream runs around $1-1.50
    The condensed milk runs around $1.60-2
    The whiskey runs between $6-15 depending on the quality you buy.
    You could maybe add another $.50-1 for the other ingredients.

57. Margaret V says:

Also for those looking for a price comparison.

This makes about 750ml of irish cream, which runs around $20-25 here.

The cream runs around $1-1.50
    The condensed milk runs around $1.60-2
    The whiskey runs between $6-15 depending on the quality you buy.
    You could maybe add another $.50-1 for the other ingredients.

58. Judy says:

This is very similar to the recipe I have always used but mine called for eggs not sure what the eggs did for it but will try yours and see if it taste the same. I also make apple pie liquor and kahlua- the kahlua is awesome too.
    Also the recipes I do make more than 1 bottle so it is much cheaper I make baileys for about $4.90 a bottle and kahlua for about $2.52 a bottle.

59. nodoubt68 says:

Just made your Baileys….absolutely awesome ! Added vanilla bean and left out the almond. Its a hit in our house, Thanks muchly xx

60. Anonymous says:

Norway calling :-) I L O V E Baileys, and I’m going to try this recipe! But I have one question: have anyone of you tried to put Baileys in your DeLongij coffee machine, with Nespresso coffee, instead of milk? I hope that it’s not only us Nowegians that drinks this in our coffee… It’s like a café latte but with with Baileys. Does the alcohol “disappear” in the heating process? (you know when you cook the taste stays, but the alcohol disappear…) I’m sorry for all the spelling mistakes!

61. Anonymous says:

Norway calling again: I got an answer: alcohol disappear at 78 celsius, and my machine only heats the bailies til 45 celsius :-) if you haven’t tried it yet – pease do so! it’s NICE! :-)

62. Dusty says:

Eggs may have been added in the copy cat recipe as an emulsifier. Actual Bailey’s label states they use lecithin.

63. TwistedLefty says:

made 2 batches of this and it’s fantastic.
    btw, i used the almond extract and Michael Collins irish whisky

64. kavimona says:

OMG… i died and went to heaven … thanx is so inadequate a word for sharing this most amazing recipe… Baileys is almost the only thing i can drink w/o feeling uncomfortable since i gave up alcohol when i was preggers….to be able to whip up a batch whenever i’m having a craving or for a party is simply the most fabulous thing to happen to me recently … god bless ur soul xoxo

65. Ms Plug It says:

This is DELICIOUS! Sweetened Condensed milk looks disgusting (did Irish use this traditionally? I don’t think so.. but anyway!)… so I used about half of what the recipe called for, and used heavy cream instead of light and WOW it is still SO thick! I love it!! Thank you SO much for this! ;)

66. Anonymous says:

The irish don’t drink this. An authentic irish coffee is made with brown sugar and whiskey with heavy cream ~laid~ on top. Bailey’s however, especially homemade is an excellent alternative for after dinner coffee :)

67. Anonymous says:

I am so happy to have found this recipe! I’m going to vegan-ize it and use it for the Irish Car Bombs I’ve missed so much!

68. Anonymous says:

Real men drink whiskey on its own. Particularly good whiskey like Jamesons.

69. Anonymous says:

found your page last night, I have three Ltrs. in my fridge tonight, I know it will not last untill New Years….THANKS.

70. Anonymous says:

judy, was their a difference with your egg recipe compared to this recipe?

71. Anonymous says:

I have a dairy allergy and usually leave Bailey’s alone. But I had to tell you, I made this with french vanilla coconut milk creamer (So Delicious brand)and plain coconut milk (same brand) …It was amazing! Hooray. Thanks for the recipie.

72. Anonymous says:

Question: Is one brand of Irish whiskey better than any other for making Homemade Bailey’s? We tried it using Jameson’s and it was wonderful, but if we can do for a bit cheaper and not lose the great taste, that would be even better!!

73. Stef says:

Anon – I haven’t tried lots of brands, but I don’t think it would matter much. I’d say save the $.

74. Kittie says:

I just made this recipe. Followed the directions to the letter, omitting the almond. It. Is. Amazing! Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day and this homemade Bailey’s is going into cupcakes, cocktails and the fridge for future consumption. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!

75. Anonymous says:

This is a wonderful recipe. Is there a cocktail site I can go to to find more homemade things to make & drink of course!

76. Anonymous says:

dont forget you can make your own homemade whiskey too…;)

77. Mehwish says:

can u make baileys irish cream without using whisky? is there an alternative to whisky in this recipe. does anyone know?

78. Mehwish says:

can we use any other ingredient instead of whisky. what is the alternative to whisky in this recipe?

79. Sarah says:

Love it! Thanks! I’m adding this and your grenadine recipe to my collection of homemade-not-store-bought staples! (It will compliment my kahlua and limoncello nicely!)

80. Msluxlife says:

Omg, just made my ‘Bailey’s’ and this recipe is beyond amazing!! I followed to the tee but left off the almond. It was super quick and easy and absolutely yummy. I will NEVER buy the real thing again! I cut down the alcohol to 1 1/2 cups and it was still a little strong but so delish. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe.

81. Colleen K says:

Has anyone tried making homemade MINT Bailey’s Irish Cream? I have tons of FRESH mint and would love to use it to make Mint Bailey’s but not sure how…most recipes call for mint extract, but I want to use the stuff I have growing outside! Thanks!

82. Old Car Guy says:

Made this the other night, followed the recipe to the note, minus the almond. Awesome is all I can say!! My wife I like this better than Bailey’s! I think 1 2/3 cup whiskey is perfect. Maybe even a touch more!!
    Thanks for this!!!

83. Deauna says:

I can’t wait to make this. I see a new addiction to coffee in my future.

84. Kristin says:

You are a saint! My husband will never, ever leave me now. LOL.

Kristin :)

85. Izzy says:

Collen, I would try heating the mint leaves in the cream to infuse, but not boil, let us know what happens please

86. Chuck says:

Mine congealed bigtime. had to let it warm up to near room temp before it would pour out of the bottle. I used bourbon whisky instead of Irish also, which was less than stellar I must admit. I’m not an Irish cream connoisseur by any stretch, and was just curious if it would work with what I already had on hand. Jameson’s goes for more than $25/750ml over in Laramie, WY. Not a too awful, and the taste may be worth the extra cost. But then, I would think the overall cost of making it would be approaching the cost of real Bailey’s anyway.

Comments, input, educational constructive criticism is very welcomed.

Thank you very much OP for posting the recipe, and for everyone’s comments thus far. It’s a great idea, but my only question is: Can it be left out or does it have to be refridgerated? As I said, mine turned to non-pourable sludge until warmed to near room temp. Still a cool enough to drink, but no straight out of the fridge. Or would the dairy part of the recipe spoil if not kept in the fridge?

87. Anonymous says:

In the UK, Baileys costs around £16-£18 for a 1L bottle, but there are plenty of lower cost look-alikes, with only a subtle difference in taste. Irish Knights (my favourite for evening coffee – EVERY evening!) costs £4.60 from Asda, Irish Meadow is £3.99 from Tesco, and most other supermarket chains do similar products. Lidl sells one for around £5.00, Carolans costs around £6.50 from lots of supermarkets (I don’t buy it because there’s so little to choose betwen them all that I go for low cost – especially as I just put it in coffee). Sainsburys does one – in fact, just name your nearest big-name supermarket.

I’m quite interested to try the recipe, but I doubt I can compete on price with many of the supermarket offerings.

88. Takeda Shingen says:

What kind of vanilla is that? vanilla essence? like powder?
    Or vanilla liquid?

89. Mmmm. Im not much of a drinker but I do like bailey’s Irish cream. I’m going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

90. Anonymous says:

We use BRANDY instead (cheap brandy)and chocolate extract. It’s delicious!!!

91. hillside house says:

I was so looking forward to making this and finally got all the ingredients together. It was looking and smelling great, then after 15 secs high speed blending it all curdled. I followed the recipe perfectly. Any idea what went wrong??!! Nobody else seems to have had this problem! (Next time I guess I’ll just mix by hand and skip the blending…)

92. Anonymous says:

This came out really great. I used Scottish Whiskey because that is what I had on hand. Otherwise I followed the recipe to a tee. It came out perfect. It made 750ml. I used real almond extract and real vanilla extract as opposed to imitation so it cost about $5-6 an ounce. It was perfect if not better than Bailey’s. Can’t wait until it is done chilling.

93. Anonymous says:

Me again, @ Takeda-san vanilla essence, you can buy real $6 an ounce or imitation. I recommend real, it should be near the baking stuff in most grocery stores.
    PS I used a blender and no, nothing curdled. Maybe your cream was a tad old?

94. buderflyz says:

Does anyone use a less expensive chocolate syrup other than Torani? Amy recommendations? Thanks!

95. buderflyz says:

Nevermind. I saw on Chow Hound that Hershey’s can be used.

96. Anonymous says:

To comment 80 on the curdling… if you used a high speed blender it probably heated up the mixture enough to curdle it. This doesn’t need high speed blending, just mix it with a spoon. Also, heavy cream resists curdling much better than lower fat milk/half and half type. This recipe needs to be refrigerated.

97. Anonymous says:

So, just to be clear before I make some weird kitchen abomination;
    The “t” references are for Tablespoon
    One and 2/3 cup of Irish whiskey (cheap is ok?)
    Thank you!

98. It is the convention in recipes (at least in the US) that T = Tablespoon, t = teaspoon.

99. Mo says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you I have set about trying to make homemade Bailey’s and boy oh boy did I NOT know what I was doing. Can’t wait to make this -Merry Christmas to Hubby and Me. and you all of course:)

100. jo says:

This is awesome and so easy I am very, very, sure my family will love his

101. Anonymous says:

Hi made a batch this afternoon using Elmlea double cream trying to save a little on the calories for the girls, and used the cheapest whiskey i could find around £9.50 per bot this recipe is amazing. Thank you so much for posting the recipe, i am going to try the mint choc syrup i bought next. They are asking for trouble charging around £16 a litre for Baileys. It took less than ten minutes to make.

102. bettyboop says:

Love it! Love it! Love it! The only thing I will do differently is maybe buy a cheaper whiskey. Jamison’s cost me $24.91 for 750 ML. Well worth the taste though!

103. Anonymous says:

can you make the baileys without egg and if so what will be the difference in taste or staorage??

104. Colleen says:

Thank You! Thank You! Every year my aunt makes homemade Baileys. She walks around all Christmas day shaking a big pitcher of it asking, “who wants Baileys?” Unfortunately, she is in poor health this year and will not be able to celebrate at all. I am so happy that I found your recipe so I can continue her tradition.

105. cookin'counselor says:

High speed blending gave you whipped cream. Type and fat content of your local products may affect the end product. I’ve used a similar recipe with eggs in it and never had any problems. We bring it to Christmas parties and it’s always a hit.

106. Anonymous says:

I have been making homemade Baileys for 30yrs,never met anyone who hasn`t enjoyed mine. I use 3 eggs, condensed milk, cream, cocoanut essence, coffee and whiskey. This year I used Chivas Regal and its great, best drop ever!

107. raachael says:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make this vegan? I’ve used coconut milk as a successful replacement for condensed milk and I have coconut milk creamer that I’m thinking would be a possible for the cream. I just wouldn’t want anything to look separated. Any ideas?

108. Anonymous says:

Yum! I just made this using Jameson’s, fat free half and half & 1/4 t almond extract. It’s delicious right out of the gate, and I’m sure it will also improve with age. Thanks for the recipe!!

109. Anonymous says:

Problem with the original recipe! Says it will keep for two months!? The batch I made was gone in two days!! WTH :P

110. Anonymous says:

My daughter-in-law just gave me a bottle of Homemade Baily’s Irish Cream for Christmas and I just went wild. It tastes soooo goooood. She wont give me the recepie, it’s a secret!!! I wont tell her that I found your site. Merci Beaucoup. Denis, Montréal.

111. April D says:

I’m lactose intolerant and a few sips of Bailey’s doesn’t leave me feeling very well. We used this basic recipe, substituting vanilla soy milk for the milk/cream ingredients. It was DELICIOUS, didn’t give me a tummy ache, and was great without chocolate syrup (didn’t have any on hand). Thank you for the idea!!

112. Anonymous says:

Has anyone used the almond extract in theirs? Might make two batches, with and without to see what the difference is. Am going to make the mudslide cupcakes to bring to work on NYE since I’m working the 3-11 pm shift :-)

113. Anonymous says:

The Bailey’s label says it is 14% alcohol. This recipe is 40 % or three times the Baileys content. I can only taste the whiskey.

114. jazzzy_23 says:

Thank you sooooo much for this recipe! Made this and it was a HUGE it… everyone thought I was some sort of culinary genius!! Thanks for making me look good! I’ll never buy Bailey’s again!!

115. Anonymous says:

Has anyone tried equal parts whipping cream and real maple syrup 1/2 part Irish whiskey touch of vanila

116. VegasVec says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

117. VegasVec says:

It is Important to note the order the ingredients are mixed. Start with the whiskey/scotch, then extracts, Hershey’s, coffee, cream and the condensed milk LAST. This is the best way to get consistent creme without straining the creme. Keep the blender on the whole time you are mixing and add the ingredients slowly.

118. Marta says:

Can’t wait to try this out.

119. Anonymous says:

Don’t know you but I love you for this recipe. This was a total hit. Every1 thought I was secretly going to culunary school. We are totally friends in my head…

120. Lisa Hewitt says:

This recipe it fab, tastes just like Baileys but only works out at about £10 a litre, so thats much better than price to buy Baileys. So quick and easy to do too! I definetly recommend anyone who loves Baileys to try this at least once.

121. HoneyRach says:

They put artificial sugars in bailey’s which I am allergic to so i can’t drink bailey’s :( so I am so excited to try this recipe! Thank you!

122. Anonymous says:

This turned out great! I used coconut extract instead of almond, its soooo good! Thank you!

123. Dar says:

I am making this tonite!! Thanks!

124. Anonymous says:

Gr8 recipe and if like some say they cannot get whiskey where they live, it can be replaced with Brandy

125. Anonymous says:

Made w/out almond..great.
    Made w/bourbon and with almond…great
    Used Hershey’s in both.
    Any other ideas? May try mint extract next!

126. JMGlover says:

Made with Jack Daniels and it was ok…Definitely will try again with Irish Whiskey later on! Thanks for the recipe!

127. I love Irish Cream, I’ll have to try this! It looks and sounds easy. Now if anyone has a Chambord recipe, I’d be set!

128. Anonymous says:

Absolutely delicious! We love it and it costs so much less than the “real thing”! This is definately one of our favorites!

129. Anonymous says:

Tried this and loved it! Thank you for the recipe.

130. Anonymous says:

For those worried about price comparisons (myself included), I’ve found that in a tasting of various Irish Whiskies (Bailey’s, Brendan’s and O’Reilly’s, don’t remember the others), O’Reillys is the consistent favorite among my friends, and is also the cheapest, coming in at somewhere between $9 and $11, depending on where you get it from, and it’s the same 34 proof as Bailey’s.

At roughly the same price as the homemmade mix, it’s the ideal option when you need something quickly or can’t spare the fridge space to keep a homemade Irish Cream cold. Tastes much closer to homemade than Bailey’s does.

131. Shan says:

I would like to ask the vanilla used is it ground vanilla? vanilla extract/essense?

132. Anonymous says:

This is FANTASTIC! I used Toriani White Chocolate instead of the Chocolate. Also, I put some in a glass over ice and put in real good cream soda. Wow, it’s delicious! Thanks for the easy recipe.

133. Anonymous says:

yes you are correct

134. Anonymous says:

Mine turned into sludge too! Tastes great but too thick. Although I actually set my timer for 30 seconds, I think my blender is too powerful and I “whipped” the cream. Next time I will mix it by hand with a whisk.

• Anonymous says:

That happened to me. Only blend 15-20 sec. or use 1/2 cream and 1/2 half and half.

• Anonymous says:

It just happened to me…on it’s way to whipped cream kinda…super curdley…gonna try it again with a cup of the Jameson and hand blend…tried to doctor what i made…but that is a bit nutz…just starting over…~lil bummed in Cali~

135. I love homemade drinks like this. Looks great!

136. noahla.purdy says:

Made this today for St, Patty’s day. It was really yummy! My guests loved i!! Thanks!!!

137. thecinnamonlady says:

What is a real good cream soda? I want it!!!
    Gonna make this recipe today!

138. Anonymous says:

Could there be a non-dairy Baileys? What is the difference between Irish and Scotch whiskey?
    I tried it with soy and green coffee. It wasn’t bad for a first try. I also used vanilla extract.
    I would love to get ideas. I’m trying to keep my diet dairy free but baileys is far too expensive to buy in Australia and they don’t have 2 litre bottles anywhere.
    What is the preservative so it doesn’t have to be kept in the fridge, I mean the spare ones. HeHe!

139. Rachel K. says:

This is so amazing. It tastes exactly like the real thing.

140. Anonymous says:

LOL.. No, I’m sorry! Bailey’s will NOT keep for two months. Not in my house!!

141. Meg says:

I followed these directions and it curdled! Quite disappointing. Any ideas why this may have happened?

142. Anonymous says:

That is so not the original recipe for Bailey’s Irish Cream. It might taste good but that ain’t it. The reason I know is I cut out the original recipe from a newspaper in Germany back in the 80’s. Then I made it. I bought a bottle of Bailey’s and poured the store bought in a glass along with what I made in another glass. I tested them both for color and taste. They were indistinguishable from one another.

143. Courtney says:

I’ve been eying this recipe for about 2 weeks now. I finally made it tonight and decided to only use 1/3 of the liquor. I’m glad I made that decision, because obviously the flavors haven’t had time to meld, but! the alcohol taste was so strong it was described as, “A chocolate milkshake with whiskey” by one of my taste-testers. I followed the recipe to a t minus the whiskey amount (and I, too, used Jameson’s as it’s all they sold here for Irish Whiskey that was under $45), but I’m surprised at how much it doesn’t taste like Bailey’s. I’ll try it again in a few days (or tomorrow) and see how it goes. That’s not to say I don’t like it — it’s really delicious! But it’s just not Bailey’s-y to me.

144. Colin D. says:

You mixed warm alcohol with cold milk. Chill your alcohol before adding it to cold milk. That’s why in the bar when you order a mixed drink that has milk in it they pour the alcohol over the ice before adding the milk.

Hope this helps.

145. Anonymous says:

I was looking for cheaper Baily’s and found this – I’d estimate it at approximately half the price. It’s very good, but it sort of tastes like chocolate milk with whiskey. I think next time I’m going to back off some on the chocolate syrup, and maybe the condensed milk as well. As far as the amount of alcohol, it seems just right to me.

146. Fort Lauderdale says:

I made it first time with 1/2 and 1/2 and second time with vanilla flavored Silk soy milk! It was just as good! But I still used the condensed milk :( being vegetarian I wonder what to use instead of the condensed milk? what did u use?

147. Fort Lauederdale says:

Ive heard of people using vodka and they said it was good!

148. Anonymous says:

The best way would be to chop up the mint and let it seep in the Irish Whiskey.for a week or two. Until it reaches the desired strength.. Strain the chopped up leaves and then pour the whiskey thru a couple of dampened coffee filters to remove any left over mint..

149. Anonymous says:

Just for a laugh I put green food colour drops in and had them guess what it was. great idea for st paddies day

150. Anonymous says:

I’m new to this blog and don’t “mean to be mean” but isn’t “Bailey’s” a trademark? On a public board, should you post a recipe called “homemade Bailey’s?” Perhaps it would be better to refer to the recipe as “homemade Irish creme liqueur.” Companies spend a lot of effort, time and money in order to Brand their products so people know what to expect. I think that to serve homemade Irish creme and tell guests it’s “homemade Bailey’s” is wrong. That said, add me to the list of those thanking you for posting this!

151. Anonymous says:

Yes brewed coffee 2tsp…was just as good!

152. Anonymous says:

hey how much could i use if how using powder form chocolate instead of syrup?

153. Anonymous says:

Would love to see recipe mentioned by “Anonymous” that was found in the newspaper in Germany in the 80’s.

154. Unknown says:

To me, Baileys has a subtle caramel flavor in the background. I am going to add some caramel syrup.

155. Unknown says:

Geze, actually no need for the ‘1’ before the 2/3.

156. Anonymous says:

Hi all,

Will try this – in the past we have just grabbed a bottle of butterscotch schnaps and got sanitarium long life soy (comes in a green tetra pak i in Oz) forget ratios thats the fun part.

May be more like a CS Cowboy in reality, but reminded me of days holidaying in Broome and this was the thing we were doing around the time, aaah Broome, need a holiday again ha ha

157. What does the “t” and “T” mean? Also has anyone made this without the Irish Whiskey? I love Irish Cream in my coffee at work. Can’t exactly “drink” at work. lol

158. Lilly Erol says:

I’m an avid Baileys fan myself and I can’t wait to try this homemade potion… Thanks for posting and I’ll keep you posted.
    Lilly :)
    Montreal – where a 1L bottle of Baileys is $40 cad :(

159. Anonymous says:

160. Anonymous says:

Would you be willing to share your recipe?

161. Bridal Gowns says:

I would name your blog the dreamland! While Santa knocks at our door just once per year, you blog is open the whole year – wow!

162. Anonymous says:

You mixed it too long, period, if you used the heavy whipping cream. How do I know that? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, LOL! I learned to blend it for about 10 seconds at a time, usually doesn’t require more than 20. Pour it in a container (I use a mason jar), you can shake it then every so often to keep it mixed.

163. Kaylee says:

This bridal Gowns blog is very well written and I appreciate your efforts.. Keep up the good work.

164. OMG this stuff is good. I just made 2 batches and i love it better than the real stuff.

165. That looks like the same recipe I’ve used for many years. I usually use brandy instead of whiskey, and I’ve often left out the coffee. It’s always good!

166. Anonymous says:

Sorry posting this in the wrong section I think
    BUT being from UK took me ages to work out what 1C was for anyone else none the wiser it stands for cup
    Just got to work out if its A cup or DD -guess what I am going for?

167. coil says:

A US cup is 240ml – not far from the metric cup (250ml).

168. Ramesh says:

I tried the recipe and it worked out just fine except that I made some modifications. I used the Haig (Scotch instead of Irish Whiskey). I skipped the almond extract too. I am amazed at how well it turned out for a fraction of the cost. I had an old Baileys bottle lying at home and filled it into that. Now I need to wait and watch how long it lasts.

169. Anonymous says:

Right instant grounds will dissolve when blended.

170. Anonymous says:

No, t= tsp, Teaspoon
    T = tbsp, Tablespoon
    and if you read the comments the 1 2/3 whiskey is a matter of taste. Some ppl say they like it strong others say to go 2/3c it was also said if you use 1 2/3 c let it set for awhile and it will meld together smoother.

171. Anonymous says:

Try using only 2/3c instead and if you can resist it let it chill for a cpl wks mixing occasionally. It will meld all ing. together and be more mellow.

172. Anonymous says:

Bailey’s…creamy beige…

173. Anonymous says:

Hahaaaa Im Old Greg!!!

174. Anonymous says:

couldn’t find CHEAP whiskey…..
    had to buy the jamesson for $20 because i thought it was 1 2/3 cups and i wanted to make 3 batches….so i needed 6 cups…where i really only needed 3 cups!!! uggghhhhh….getting expensive….

175. Anonymous says:

I’m on my 2nd batch…love it. I do prefer it without the Almond Extract and since we have scotch in the closet collecting dust, I’ll try that next time.

176. Anonymous says:

USed 1.5 cups of the cheapest whiskey and a quarter teaspoon of almond extract along with heavy cream and just using a hand whisk. Poured it in mason jars. Its really good immediately but even better after it has time to rest. Fun little project that takes 10 minutes. Go ahead, be the hero.

177. I also just did the calculations and got around 14% with some estimating so I am really confused as well about people saying it is 40% or WAY STRONGER than Bailey’s. Very interesting!

178. Zee says:

Ok I guessed what the C stands for but what is a T (teaspoon or Tablespoon?????).

179. Anonymous says:

lower case t – teaspoon
    upper case T – Tablespoon

180. handleyinxs says:

For those of you that can’t get Iris Whiskey or any type of whisky, you can use white wine instead,Try it really nice

181. Anonymous says:

I have been making this for years and use Hershey’s chocolate syrup, not cocoa powder, and I use cheap whiskey and brewed or instant coffee. Always turns out good. NO EGG!!!!!

182. Anonymous says:

Oh, and I definitely use the coconut extract. It really makes a big difference in the taste.

183. Rosa Franco says:

HI, I have canadian whisky and chivas regal but don’t have Irish whiskey, so which one is the best replacement? And can I use cacao instead of chocolate syrup?

184. Anonymous says:

For those having curdling issues, chill all the liquids in the fridge for a while before preparing. I used about half the amount of whisky (scotch) and replaced the chocolate syrup with 2 dessert spoons of cocoa powder, which in retrospect was probably too much.

I’m in favour of the almond extract (I’ve made with and without), but will leave it out when I make a fruit version of this liqueur; I just can’t decide upon Strawberries and Cream or Raspberry with white chocolate.

185. Anonymous says:

wow just made it we cannot belive it merry christmas everyone

186. Anonymous says:

what are you guys storing the finished product in?

187. Peter Sab says:

I thought this was going to be fun, not doing math. Math makes my head hurt, too much irish cream makes my head hurt but I still enjoy doing one, can you guess?

188. Peter Sab says:

Give HER a bottle next Christmas and surprise her lol

189. Peter Sab says:

Wing tip?, Jogger?, Stiletto?

190. Anonymous says:

Adjust whiskey as you like .. 1 and 2/3 cups (i.e 13.33 Ounces) is a bit much.
    Making this is NOT cheaper than buying premade but you can flavor and increase the “kick” (i.e. amount of alchohol) to your liking
    Buy the least expensive Irish whiskey you can, I found a $14 bottle
    Adjust amount of Chocolate syrup to your liking
    You can use espresso or very strong coffee but only about 2-3 Tablespposn otherwise too much liquid.
    I also add a wee bit (I dont measure) of Coffee Liquer
    Go easy on almond extract, I only add a drop or two
    Definately need eggs — I throw caution to the wind and add raw egss – put them in blender first, then pour whiskey over them in blender – no salmonella yet but “eggbeaters” (pasteurized premixed eggs) work too
    Dont use heavy cream if pouring into a used whiskey bottle to store as the cream solids will rise and block the neck of bottle — Maybe you can use heavy cream if using a wide mouth mason jar — I found Light cream works fine though, I even cheat sometimes and use half light cream and half “Half and Half”
    I have a few more secret ingredients but won’t share those..they are what make mine special to me. Enjoy!! and don’t drink it all yourself from the blender while making it

• Fawn says:

It’s totally way cheaper. I have a $32 bottle of Bailey’s I poured it into. Doubling this recipe fits more than the whole thing in the bottle. (There was extra left over. I did decrease the whiskey. It was too strong for me.)

I don’t like raw eggs at all. It made mine slightly foamy and made me slightly nauseated with the bacteria threat. I think raw eggs are dangerous. Baileys still is still the diamond and the homemade recipe is the fake. lol

191. Anonymous says:

Just made this..it is perfect!! Made it exactly as written..YUM!! Thank you for posting :)

192. Anonymous says:

I made this years ago and occasionally shared the recipe and a bottle with a friend at Christmas. I discovered that a “fifth” of Jamison’s (that a 750 ml. for metric users) makes two batches, and every two batches you gain an attractive green bottle for giving or keeping! Enjoy!

193. Anonymous says:

Hi, not sure what form your vanilla is – I have extract, that ok? I’m making this for my Granddad…so excited! (Hope there’ll be some leftover for me ;-) )

194. Anonymous says:

I followed the recipe exactly as above, except I used a shot of espresso (30ml or about 2 tablespoons) instead of instant coffee. Also used about 200ml of Jameson which seems strong enough. All up it tastes very good.

195. Jordan says:

I made this for my Dad (I don’t drink) and he was very impressed. He found that the 1 2/3 cup whisky was extremely strong, but thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit alarmed at first when it looked “solid” in the pitcher, but then realized it was just the foam that the blender created.

One suggestion: Add a ~1/2 cup whisky to the sweetened condensed milk to start with and blend. I ended up with a few clumps of the milk that didn’t get thoroughly incorporated because it became too thin once the other liquid was added and couldn’t mix in well enough.

196. ROSALIE says:

Of course I would share.

197. Jen says:

How much does this recipe make?

198. Anonymous says:

How long do you think the Baileys will last for, if refrigerated? I made this as a gift 2 weeks ago but have not yet seen my friend. Plan to see her this weekend. Wondering if it is bad. Looks and smells fine.

199. Anonymous says:

How can it be 40% alcohol when the whiskey by itself is 40% before dilution in the mix?

200. Anonymous says:

I wanted to make this and found Jameson is $25/bottle. I can buy an off-brand of Irish cream, like Merry’s, for $12 and 1.75 liters for about $21. The economics aren’t there, let alone the cost of my time.

201. Anonymous says:

It’s because people are counting the whiskey as though it were 100% alcohol, or 200 proof.

People tend to forget you first have to figure out how much of the booze is actually alcohol, then divide the amount of alcohol by the amount of the full volume of liquid to get the percentage/proof.

202. Anonymous says:

As I said above in another reply, the calculated proof is off because you’re counting the whiskey as pure alcohol. It’s only about 40% so according to my own calculations, 1-2/3 cup whiskey means about 2/3 cup alcohol. Folks tend to forget to make an adjustment for the volume of alcohol based on the proof.

203. Susie says:

I used BV instead of Jameson. I used coffee flavored vodka about 1/2 cup and plan to use amaretto 1/2 cup also instead of almond extract. Don’t skip the almond flavoring part, it makes all the difference. These changes taste great and up the alcohol content quite a lot. Yeeee Hawwww!!!

204. Anonymous says:

Please let us know the results!

205. Anonymous says:

I watched the demo video and she put in less than 1 cup so I realised the recipe meant 1/3 of a cup, not 1 and 1/3 of a cup,just as well it would have been too strong for me. just made some – so happy, it is very good indeed, going to make baileys cheesecake tomorrow-yay

206. Anonymous says:

Just wanted to say, in your video one of the questions was can you make a non-alcoholic version of this. You could try this, (WARNING USE A CHEEP WHISKEY BECAUSE GETTING THE TIME RIGHT IS HARD)before you start to combine the ingredients start with the whiskey in a pot, twice the amount required in the recipe put it on the stove and heat, don’t boil just heat.
    Alcohol evaporates at room temperature, but with drinking alcohol it is a different temp so it will take time and each whiskey has a different time based on the ingredients and age of the bottle.
    With Jamesons I found that 8 minutes was the best time.The issues is not letting it come to a boil because that changes the taste of the whiskey.
    Once this is complete set it aside and let it cool at room temperature, until it is at room temp. I did this 9 times and using my Liquor Hydrometer i found that the alcohol content was below 0.04 in all tests. The taste was not exactly the same as the original, but for these purposes it works quite well.

207. Fantastic recipe! Thanks for sharing!

208. this is amazing! i really love it

209. rick43pen says:

Great recipe!!! very close to the real thing at a third the cost. I think Baileys must use a whiskey like Drambuie because it has a bit more bite.

210. lovethis says:

I converted you’re whole recipe to ML which gave me 1102ML I then converted to OZ which gave me roughly

37.3OZ gave or take

I did this in case anyone was wondering like me what size of Jar or Bottle or craft they needed to get….

Cheers Tom.B

211. Anonymous says:

Rather than try to emulate Bailey’s, make your own to your liking:
    Rather than light cream, use the freshest, richest, heaviest cream you can find.
    If you like, to reduce the sweetness, cut the sweetened condensed milk in half and make up the difference with more heavy cream.
    Rather than instant coffee, brew (or double brew) a cup of strong dark coffee or use expresso.
    Rather than chocolate syrup (high fructose corn syrup + chocolate flavoring), get dark 85% Cocoa, melt it down, and mix with the cream. It doesn’t take much (1 TSP instead of 2).
    Adjust the proportions in small amounts to get it to your liking.

• judles24 says:

I’m with you on the real chocolate, although it does seem to re-congeal in the fridge. Have to give ‘er a good shake. Still don’t love the super-thick cream though.

212. Larry says:

A waste of good Irish whiskey. I will toss the whole batch and the recipe,,,, save your money and buy Baileys to start with..

213. judles24 says:

This is a great recipe, but although I absolutely love rich creamy things, I do not recommend using whipping cream. Next time I’ll use a slightly lighter cream so it’s not quite soooooo thick and oily.

214. rufus says:

i have been trying to find coffee flavored baileys and can not find it so how much coffee should i add

215. lab says:

by the time you buy the blender and ingredients for this what they specify…would be cheaper to get it at the liquor store

216. tododias says:

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thank you so much, However I am encountering troubles
    with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I can’t subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody having the same RSS problems?

Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?

217. Eloran says:

I used 1 2/3 cup of jack daniel’s. The flavor was strong so I recommend to use only 1 cup of this type of wiskey

218. Hanna says:

Don’t be afraid to make adjustments according to your own taste. I followed this recipe exactly the first time I made it, and it was good. I adjusted it the second time and we all thought it was better. First I used 1/2 and 1/2, next, my DH said to use Bushmills instead of Jamesons, he loves Irish coffee and he said Bushmills tastes best in coffee (he’s tried them all), cheaper too. Then I used cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup to cut the sweetness a little, and last of all I used instant expresso powder instead of run-of-the-mill instant coffee. It was delish!! Thanks for getting me started.

219. Heklo friends, howw is the whole thing, and what you wish for to
    ssay concerning this paragraph, in my view its inn fact amazing designed for me.

220. Smithd2 says:

I have learn some good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. cafgkfacdd

• Chris says:

Gah, added ingredients in this order, whisky, condensed milk, vanilla, chocolate, coffee and pure cream, turned on the blender and now I have a lumpy mess. Where did I go wrong?

221. Emilia says:

I’ve done a very similar recipe for a friend’s bday late may and it’s still fresh and delicious in the refrigerator.

222. Lance Harmon says:

There’s no freakin’ way this would last anywhere near 2 months in my fridge . . . Gonna try making it tomorrow!

223. weight loss says:

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a friend who has been conducting
    a little research on this. And he in fact bought me lunch simply because
    I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this issue here on your site.

224. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d
    ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links
    or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and
    I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to send me an email.

I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by
    the way!

225. Loe says:

I have a recipe that is very similar to this, however it calls for coconut extr

226. Lisa says:

Since it will be a gift how long until you HAVE to refrigerate it?

227. Jillian says:

How much does the recipe yield?

228. Kayla S says:

I just made 4 batches of this using about half of the alcohol (Jameson), half and half instead of the cream, cinnamon/vanilla extract instead almond/vanilla, Folger’s instant coffee, and Hershey’s chocolate syrup. My neighbors are all receiving some for Christmas with homemade cinnamon rolls. We are keeping a half bat h for ourselves. :) Very excited to try it!!

229. susan says:

How much does one recipe make?

230. Jay Morgan says:

I make big batches of this every year for gifts, and it’s always a hit. After some experimentation I have found that cheap scotch works great as a substitute, and I’ll often blend in Whoppers, gourmet toffees or peppermint bark chocolate to customize the flavors a bit more. A wonderful and simple recipe, and easy to play with to make it your own. Thanks so much for this, now it’s back to the kitchen for me.

231. chris mcclure says:

Hi, just tried the baileys recipe I did it in the exact order listed, after blending it cuddled. Blended it again and it seemed to come out right, then put it in the fridge and when I checked it after a couple of hours it had cuddled again. Any idea where I might have gone wrong? After the second blending(both times in my vitamix) it tasted great. Thanks

232. Vanessa says:

I followed the recipe verbatim, it turned out delicious but I encountered one problem. I have a Blendtec blender and after processing it on high speed for 30 seconds heavy whipping cream curdled or you might say it started forming the whip cream. I poured into bottle and refrigerated it. It does not bother me the buttery top in the glass but I would not serve it to anyone. Any suggestions how to address this issue?
    Next time I make this I will process it for 15 sec. max.

Thank you for a delicious recipe.

233. Eric says:

My favorite drink.
    1/2 crystal head vodka, 1/2 baileys in a divided shot glass, drink, shake your head to mix heaven!