How to Make a Mudslide Cocktail – Frozen Mudslide and Traditional Mudslide Cocktails
The mudslide cocktail – whether frozen or traditional – is the perfect marriage of Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlua. Make the cocktail with homemade Kahlua and homemade Baileys Irish Cream for something extra special, or simply buy those ingredients at a store.
Making a Frozen Mudslide
The frozen mudslide contains:
- Baileys Irish Cream
- ice cream
Start by measuring and pouring vodka, Baileys Irish Cream, and Kahlua into a blender.
Add ice cream. (Yes, this is a lot of ice cream.) Using ice cream is what differentiates the frozen mudslide from the classic one.
Blend on medium speed until completely smooth.
Next, prepare each glass by drizzling chocolate syrup along its interior surface.
Pour the blended drink into the prepared glasses.
Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, chocolate sauce, and pieces of chocolate.
Making a Classic Mudslide
The classic mudslide drink contains:
- Baileys Irish Cream
- heavy cream
Start by measuring and pouring vodka, Baileys Irish Cream, and Kahlua into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Add heavy whipping cream.
Put the top on the shaker and shake vigorously until cold.
Strain into glasses.
Garnish with shaved chocolate and serve immediately.
Mudslide Variations and Inspiration
- If you’re lactose-intolerant, you can still enjoy mudslide cocktails! Replace the ice cream or heavy cream with a non-dairy alternative and use Baileys Almande instead of Baileys Irish Cream.
- For a fall-appropriate version of this cocktail, blend in some pureed pumpkin and make a frozen pumpkin mudslide.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Prepare glasses by drizzling chocolate syrup along their interior surfaces (optional).
- Pour frozen mudslide cocktail into glasses.
- Optionally garnish with chocolate shavings, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chocolate pieces (or anything else you want to use).
- Drink immediately.
- Replace the vanilla ice cream with 3 oz of heavy cream.
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into glasses.
- Top with chocolate shavings and serve immediately.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!