1. Strawberry banana is my favorite yogurt flavor and I wanted a cupcake that went with Greek yogurt frosting.
The strawberry banana cupcakes were my kind of cupcake – moist, dense, and not overly sweet. My only disappointment with them was that they tasted too much like banana cake. While you could taste the strawberry, the flavor wasn’t as prominent as I would have liked. Next time, I might cut the banana in half and add even more berries.
Strawberry Banana Cupcake Recipe
This recipe is an adaptation of my grandma’s easy banana cupcakes.
Strawberry Banana Cupcakes
- 1/2 C butter 1 stick
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt you could also use sour cream
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C mashed bananas about 2 bananas
- 1 C macerated strawberries
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, yogurt, flour, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Stir in bananas and strawberries until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 F.
If you like banana, I highly recommend also trying my banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.