These soft banana bread cookies taste just like mini banana breads.
They may, perhaps, be better than banana bread – unless your banana bread is studded with chopped hazelnuts and drizzled with dulce de leche.
Banana Bread Cookies with Hazelnuts and Dulce de Leche
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, dulce de leche, vanilla extract, and bananas until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until just combined.
- Mix in the hazelnuts.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough two inches apart from each other onto parchment- or Silpat-lined cookie sheets.
- Press each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with dulce de leche just before serving.
If you love dulce de leche, you’ll also love:
- Dulce De Leche in a Crock Pot (Just set it and forget it!)
- Chocolate Dulce de Leche Cupcakes (Perfect for Valentine’s Day!)
- Turn Your World Upside-Down with Dulce De Leche Flan (A fun twist on a classic favorite!)
- Banana Bread Cookies with Hazelnuts and Dulce de Leche (A great recipe from a great book.)
- Dulce De Leche Frosting (Also, how to fix a frosting mishap.)