I created chocolate potato chip PMS pie to satisfy all of your period cravings. PMS pie has gobs of chocolate, two layers of potato chips (one layer is a potato chip crust), and a salted caramel topping for good measure! It is intense in a wonderful way, unlike that monthly migraine.
I asked on Facebook about your period cravings and based this pie on what the results of that ask were. I’m here to help!
Common Period Cravings
What I learned was the the most common period cravings include:
- Lots of chocolate desserts
- Many people need salty snacks – like potato chips!
- Some like anything with peanut butter
- Others really want ice cream
- I often crave meat
How to Adjust PMS Pie to Your Cravings
PMS pie already has chocolate and potato chips, but you can adjust the recipe to fit your personal cravings.
- If you are one of the folks who said your body wants peanut butter (like Judy N. Lyle), you can substitute half of the chocolate chips in this recipe with peanut butter chips.
- Or, if you are like Vanessa Eggers and have ice cream urges, just throw a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top and return to your diet post-period.
- Lastly, if you are like me and suddenly want meat when Aunt Flow comes to visit, you can toss some crumbled bacon in with the chocolate chips!
Did I miss your craving? Tell me in the comments!
Chocolate Potato Chip PMS Pie Recipe
Chocolate Potato Chip PMS Pie
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 heaping cups potato chips I suggest chips with ridges because they look prettier. I also recommend using chips that have not been seasoned with anything other than salt.
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 20 ounces dark chocolate chips
Pie Topping Ingredients
- salted caramel to taste
Pie Crust Instructions
- Mix milk, sweetened condensed milk, egg, and butter in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over potato chips and toss periodically over the span of five minutes so that the potato chips have time to absorb some of the liquid.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan with a non-stick baking spray.
- Remove the chips from the liquid and line the sprayed pan with the HALF of the chips, going all the way up the sides of the pan. Reserve the rest of the soaked chips for the filling.
Pie Filling and Topping Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour one bag of chocolate chips on top of the crust.
- Spread the second half of the potato chip pie crust out over the chocolate chips.
- Pour the second bag of chocolate chips on top of the second layer of potato chip crust.
- Pour any extra liquid from the potato chip crust over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- When cool, drizzle with salted caramel.
- Slice and satisfy your cravings.
Other PMS Desserts
- I got the idea to make a PMS pie from the PMS brownies in the book Extreme Brownies. This cookbook is a winner for anyone who loves brownies! Look how pretty the PMS brownies turned out when made by I Sugar Coat It.
- My no-regrets pie is almost as intense as this one! It’s a toss up as to which one I like better.