Chocolate hummus is so decadent – like a rich chocolate mousse! You’d never know it was hummus unless someone told you! Plus, it’s so easy to make from scratch.
This recipe uses just a few key ingredients:
- a can of chickpeas (these are also called garbanzo beans)
- a chocolate nut butter (like Nutella)
- sweetener (I use honey and brown sugar, but maple syrup or molasses would also work if you like those flavors.)
The whole thing comes together super easily in a food processor and lasts for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
There are so many ways to use this dessert hummus! Consider the following:
- use it as a dip with pita, pretzels, or chips
- spread it on toast or crumpets or shmear it on a bagel
- serve it with fresh berries or other fruit
- use it as a filling between two crackers
- spread it on top of a cupcake, muffin, or banana bread as a healthy frosting
- 14 ounces canned chickpeas 1 can, drained
- 1/2 cup chocolate nut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's as smooth as you can get it.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks until ready to eat.