Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting | Cupcake Project

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

Peanut butter cookie dough frosting tastes just like cookie dough – after all, it is cookie dough (lightened up a bit)!

Take safe-to-eat peanut butter cookie dough, add two tablespoons of whole milk or heavy whipping cream for every cup of dough, and you’ve got perfectly pipe-able peanut butter cookie dough frosting.

Which cupcake flavor will you frost with peanut butter cookie dough frosting?  Here are my top picks:

14 Responses to Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

1. connie munoz August 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

I bet that would be really good on the ultimate vanilla cupcake, hopefully coming soon:)
    im going to try this, i just made my peanut butter and jelly cupcakes yesterday with peanut butter cream cheese frosting yesterday…so maybe with the vanilla cupcakes i have to bake this weekend for your challange, we will take the rest and cover with this frosting…thanks connie munoz….

2. Stef August 23, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

Connie – The cupcake you are baking this weekend is actually the one in the photo. That’s what I used the frosting on. It worked really well although the peanut butter flavor is so strong that some people complained that it overpowered the vanilla. Peanut butter lovers didn’t mind that though. :)

3. Cakedivafefe August 23, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

How would you rate this frosting compared to other peanut butter frostings….would you consider it a favorite?

4. connie munoz August 23, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

i sound like a pig but i usually eat 3 of the test cupcakes plain,one an hour after cooling, just to make sure i can put down true feelings..then i frost the next day,but after eating 3 of them, it can be overpowered by peanut butter the next day:) I dont know why im so obsessed with cupcakes, i even have the pandora cupcake charm:)everyone at works loves the fact that im obsessed with cupcakes:)

5. Stef August 23, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Cakedivafefe – Great question. It’s different. It’s not as light and fluffy as some other peanut butter frostings, but it’s great if you love the taste of cookie dough. I really love the brown sugar in there. You don’t get that in most frostings.

6. Tara @ The Butter Dish August 24, 2011 at 5:19 am #

I was going to post a comment on how delicious these look and I can’t wait to make this but you’ll have to excuse me…

I need to clean the drool off my screen.

:D

7. Mollie August 24, 2011 at 10:09 am #

Whoa! That’s decadent! Connie, your cupcakes look awesome. Stef, I can’t wait to try this frosting.

8. connie munoz August 24, 2011 at 10:20 am #

mollie, those arent my cupcakes, those are steph’s cupcakes,i will be cooking those cupcakes this weekend though and going to try your frosting steph…i cant wait..do you know if i can freeze this frosting or will i be making two batches of the test cupcakes this weekend?

9. cupcakes vs contracts August 25, 2011 at 12:03 am #

this is my dream come true!

10. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie August 25, 2011 at 11:14 am #

I would love this on a white chocolate cupcake maybe? Or just a spoon!

11. Freight Audit August 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

wow, this is very nice. I like it.. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this kind of cookie.

12. Nyssa Tan August 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

I never thought of making peanut butter frosting! I am looking forward to making this!

13. Anna August 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

Ooh! This looks SO awesome! I am definitely going to have to give it a try. My hubby loves PB. :)

14. RecipeGirl September 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm #