Was the Homemade Toffee Recipe Hard to Make?
Surprisingly, the toffee recipe was not difficult to make. The instructions even included the words “do not stir.” You basically do nothing. All you do is add the three ingredients, wait, and make sure not to forget that they’re on the stove.
The Toffee Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- roughly chopped nuts optional
- Add all ingredients except nuts to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- The mixture will start to boil with vigor. Do not stir.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture reaches the soft crack phase - 270 F. If you buy a digital candy thermometer with a timer, you can step away and not come back until it beeps.
- Pour into a casserole dish lined with oiled parchment paper (I used dabs of the corn syrup to stick the parchment paper in place).
- Optionally, sprinkle chopped nuts all over the top of the hot toffee.
- Let the toffee sit out for a few hours to cool and harden.
- After the toffee has cooled, break it into chunks.