Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

Share:

Peanut butter cookie dough frosting tastes just like cookie dough – after all, it is cookie dough (lightened up a bit)!

Take safe-to-eat peanut butter cookie dough, add two tablespoons of whole milk or heavy whipping cream for every cup of dough, and you’ve got perfectly pipe-able peanut butter cookie dough frosting.

Which cupcake flavor will you frost with peanut butter cookie dough frosting?  Here are my top picks:

14 comments on “Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting”

1. connie munoz says:

I bet that would be really good on the ultimate vanilla cupcake, hopefully coming soon:)
    im going to try this, i just made my peanut butter and jelly cupcakes yesterday with peanut butter cream cheese frosting yesterday…so maybe with the vanilla cupcakes i have to bake this weekend for your challange, we will take the rest and cover with this frosting…thanks connie munoz….

2. Stef says:

Connie – The cupcake you are baking this weekend is actually the one in the photo. That’s what I used the frosting on. It worked really well although the peanut butter flavor is so strong that some people complained that it overpowered the vanilla. Peanut butter lovers didn’t mind that though. :)

3. Cakedivafefe says:

How would you rate this frosting compared to other peanut butter frostings….would you consider it a favorite?

4. connie munoz says:

i sound like a pig but i usually eat 3 of the test cupcakes plain,one an hour after cooling, just to make sure i can put down true feelings..then i frost the next day,but after eating 3 of them, it can be overpowered by peanut butter the next day:) I dont know why im so obsessed with cupcakes, i even have the pandora cupcake charm:)everyone at works loves the fact that im obsessed with cupcakes:)

5. Stef says:

Cakedivafefe – Great question. It’s different. It’s not as light and fluffy as some other peanut butter frostings, but it’s great if you love the taste of cookie dough. I really love the brown sugar in there. You don’t get that in most frostings.

6. I was going to post a comment on how delicious these look and I can’t wait to make this but you’ll have to excuse me…

I need to clean the drool off my screen.

😀

7. Mollie says:

Whoa! That’s decadent! Connie, your cupcakes look awesome. Stef, I can’t wait to try this frosting.

8. connie munoz says:

mollie, those arent my cupcakes, those are steph’s cupcakes,i will be cooking those cupcakes this weekend though and going to try your frosting steph…i cant wait..do you know if i can freeze this frosting or will i be making two batches of the test cupcakes this weekend?

9. this is my dream come true!

10. I would love this on a white chocolate cupcake maybe? Or just a spoon!

11. wow, this is very nice. I like it.. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this kind of cookie.

12. Nyssa Tan says:

I never thought of making peanut butter frosting! I am looking forward to making this!

13. Anna says:

Ooh! This looks SO awesome! I am definitely going to have to give it a try. My hubby loves PB. :)