Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

I used this cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe on toasted ravioli cupcakes and Back to School cupcakes. It would also go great on oatmeal raisin cupcakes or snickerdoodle cupcakes.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

• 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (add more to taste)
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar (add more or less to make it a stiffness that you like)

1. Mix cream cheese and butter well.
  2. Add vanilla and cinnamon.
  3. Add powdered sugar.

30 comments on “Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe”

1. Faithful says:

Can you use this on an Italian Cream Cake?

2. Stef says:

I’ve actually never had Italian Cream Cake (better add that to my list!). However, I looked up some recipes and I don’t see why this frosting wouldn’t work. You might want to double the recipe to make sure you have enough for a whole cake.

3. Faithful says:

Thanks! It’s a Southern favorite around here! I will try the Cinnamon Cream Cheese to add a new twist.

4. Kerry says:

I just wanted to let you know that I used this frosting on some carrot cupcakes today and W-O-W! They turned out AMAZING! I am a huge fan of regular cream cheese frosting, but I feel like I used it a lot on many of my cupcakes, so I’ve been searching for something different to try out on them – I couldn’t be happier with the way they turned out! Exactly what I was looking for and more! I’ll be posting pictures soon! THANKS! :)

5. Stef says:

Kerry – Yay! I’m so glad it worked out for you!! Thanks for letting me know.

6. In my family we LOVE cinnamon!
    I bet the Madagascar vanilla will go well with this recipe!

I’m going to try it this weekend!

7. Katie says:

Do you think this icing would go well on top of apple cupcakes?

8. Stef says:

Katie – Of course! It would be perfect!

9. Jamie Carder-Haas says:

I can’t wait to try this recipe tomorrow. I’m making a pumplin cake drizzed with chocolate ganache… my plan is to fold some
    whipped cream into your recipe to lighten it up a little and use as the filling in between layers.

10. Sarah says:

This frosting was amazing! I used it for some apple butter cupcakes, just posted about them.

11. Anonymous says:

I used this with Mexican Chocolate cupcakes and it taste amazing!

I found the cake recipe that called for cinnamon ice cream, I decided to turn that idea into cupcakes!

12. Anonymous says:

I’m going to try it on pumpkin cupcakes

13. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the recipe, can’t wait to try it out!

Has anyone here ever made chai latte cupcakes? I’m thinking about using this frosting on vanilla chai latte cupcakes.

14. Stef says:

Anon – I’ve made Chai Spice cupcakes. It was my very first cupcake (don’t laugh at how ugly they look This frosting would go really well with it. For Chai latte you could also add a touch of instant coffee to the frosting.

15. Jackie says:

I used coconut extract with the cinnamon! It was delish!

16. Anonymous says:

I’m making a pumpkin cake, do you think this icing would work well?

17. I used this frosting last night on top of snickerdoodle cookie dough cupcakes… snickerdoodle cookie dough inside a butter cupcake – they are amazing!

18. Anonymous says:

can it be used on top of cinnamon buns?

19. Anonymous says:

I used this tonight on a pumpkin spice cake….turned out amazing! great frosting recipe! Thanks!

20. Stef says:

Anon – It would be great on cinnamon buns!

21. Anonymous says:

Hello! I’m so excited to make this! I’m going to make it with some apple butter cupcakes. I am making 3 dozen cupcakes, how many cupcakes would this recipe frost? Should I double it? Thanks!!

22. Sue says:

Nice frosting! Made it for the cupcake inside a cupcake recipe. I’ve just had a foodgasm! The combination of flavors was fantastic!

23. ToggafLikesCupcakes says:

what the poop does T stand for in 1 t vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

24. Anonymous says:

Can I use a canned cream cheese frosting & add cinnamon & use that?

25. Anonymous says:

How many cupcakes will this recipe cover? Sounds delicious!

26. Anonymous says:

omg, for a couple of days i have toting the idea of a chai spiced frosting with me. having read the above, i feel very reassured that i am not crazy.

27. Nicole says:

I’m thinking about using this recipe on a birthday cake I’m making for a friend, but I’m not quite sure how much frosting this recipe makes. Can anyone please tell me how much 1 batch of frosting makes??

28. Tracy says:

Hi there, I made an italian spiced olive oil cake earlier today and wanted something a bit tart to ice it with to cut the richness of the oil, would this frosting work do you think? It sounds yummy!! Thanks

29. Whitney says:

I am a FACS teacher and we use it on gingerbread men for the holidays. My friends all love its rich flavor.

30. Tess Mulholland says:

I’ve never made cream cheese frosting but I made some pumpkin spice cupcakes and this frosting was perfect! Delicious! Thanks