Banana Pudding Frosting

Banana Pudding Frosting

frostings, banana, pudding

Banana Pudding Frosting 02 Titled

Banana pudding frosting is down home, country, and darn-tootin’ spectacular.  Using banana pudding frosting is like slathering banana pudding – complete with vanilla wafers – right on top of your cupcakes.  I used Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes, but you could double down on banana and use banana cupcakes.

Banana Pudding Frosting Recipe

Most banana pudding frosting recipes that you’ll find use pudding mix. This frosting is made completely from scratch and has vanilla (or banilla) wafer crumbs mixed right in. Banana pudding frosting is not the type of frosting that will pipe up super tall and look regal and proud, but if you want to wow with taste, give this frosting a go.

Banana Pudding Frosting

Yield: Light frosting for about 12 cupcakes

Banana Pudding Frosting

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup mashed overripe bananas
  • 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers plus extra to sprinkle on top

1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix unsalted butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
  2. Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
  3. Mix in bananas and sweetened condensed milk.
  4. Mix in crushed wafers.
  5. Pipe or spread on cooled cupcakes.
  6. Sprinkle extra crushed wafers over frosting,

If You Like Banana Pudding Frosting, You’ll Also Like…

Strawberry Banana Pudding   Grits Banana Pudding

The Cupcake Pan

Photo from temp-tations

Photo credit: temp-tations

The cupcake pan was gifted to me by temp-tations.  The product photo above shows a similar pan they are selling now.   This pan is by far the prettiest cupcake pan I own.  I used it to serve cupcakes for a baby shower I recently hosted and it made not only a wonderful baking tool, but a lovely serving piece.

9 comments on “Banana Pudding Frosting”

1. Nessa says:

Yum! I must make :)

2. Silvia says:

This sounds really good, but I have a few questions:
    1. I haven’t made this yet, but in my experience, the mashed bananas turn brown very fast. How do you keep the frosting from turning brown?
    2. Wont the wafer crumbs absorbs the moisture from the bananas and turn mushy in a few moments?

• Stef says:

1. I really can’t explain it, but I had my cupcakes on the counter for days and the frosting did not turn yucky brown.

2. Yes, the crumbs are not crunchy. They just add flavor.

• Silvia says:

Seeing is believing!
        I tested this without the cookie crumbs (cookies never last long enough to make crumbs in my house) and it was great!.
        It has a lovely, mild banana flavor that gets more intense as time goes by. The color is a light beige, and it doesn’t get darker, even after a week in the fridge.
        Great creation!

3. This frosting sounds delicious and I’m so glad you used a recipe that doesn’t call for pudding mix! Those cupcake pans are gorgeous! They are almost too pretty to bake in! I also feel compelled to tell you that I’m an STL girl. Not sure why :-)

4. Dee Ferrero says:

I wish Tara would make a 12 cupcake old world, or sell the 6 in a set of 2
    for like 32.00

• Audre Gaer says:

I just bought a set of two 6 cup muffin pans in polka dot on her website, for under $30 including shipping. They are available in old world, too.

5. Grace says:

I have SO many overripe bananas sitting on my countertop right now. I wanted to try making banana cupcakes with a banana pastry cream topping or filling, but I may have to replace that with this banana pudding frosting!

6. Dammit woman, you made me buy another book! X-D