Pickle cupcakes are for true dill pickle lovers! Top them with ice cream and they are perfect for pregnancy pickle and ice cream cravings or a funny baby shower cupcake!
I originally created these pickle cupcakes when I was pregnant with Myles. Yes, that’s me below!
What Do Pickle Cupcakes Taste Like?
The cupcakes themselves tasted like a pickle in cake form. The prominent flavor was definitely dill and they were somewhat eggy like a dill quiche – not very sweet. If you like dill and you like pickles or you have a pregnant woman in your life who has a good sense of humor, you might consider making these cupcakes.
What Are the Main Ingredients in Pickle Cupcakes
Pickle cupcakes are seasoned with the same flavors as pickles: dill and onion powder.
They also contain dill pickle juice and chopped dill pickles!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice the liquid from the pickle jar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, dill, salt, and onion powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and sour cream until blended.
- Alternately fold in flour mixture and pickle juice, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fold in the chopped pickles.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.