Pickle cupcakes are for true dill pickle lovers! Top them with ice cream and they are perfect for pregnancy pickle and ice cream cravings or a funny baby shower cupcake!
I originally created these pickle cupcakes when I was pregnant with Myles. Yes, that’s me below!
They ended up being loved by pregnant women everywhere and they were featured in People magazine and on our local FOX affiiate!
What Do Pickle Cupcakes Taste Like?
The cupcakes themselves tasted like a pickle in cake form. The prominent flavor was definitely dill and they were somewhat eggy like a dill quiche – not very sweet. If you like dill and you like pickles or you have a pregnant woman in your life who has a good sense of humor, you might consider making these cupcakes.
What Are the Main Ingredients in Pickle Cupcakes
Pickle cupcakes are seasoned with the same flavors as pickles: dill and onion powder.
They also contain dill pickle juice and chopped dill pickles!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice the liquid from the pickle jar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, dill, salt, and onion powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and sour cream until blended.
- Alternately fold in flour mixture and pickle juice, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fold in the chopped pickles.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!