Banana pudding frosting is down home, country, and darn-tootin’ spectacular. Using banana pudding frosting is like slathering banana pudding – complete with vanilla wafers – right on top of your cupcakes. I used Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes, but you could double down on banana and use banana cupcakes.
Banana Pudding Frosting Recipe
Most banana pudding frosting recipes that you’ll find use pudding mix. This frosting is made completely from scratch and has vanilla (or banilla) wafer crumbs mixed right in. Banana pudding frosting is not the type of frosting that will pipe up super tall and look regal and proud, but if you want to wow with taste, give this frosting a go.
Banana Pudding Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers plus extra to sprinkle on top
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix unsalted butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in bananas and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix in crushed wafers.
- Pipe or spread on cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle extra crushed wafers over frosting,
If You Like Banana Pudding Frosting, You’ll Also Like…
The Cupcake Pan
The cupcake pan was gifted to me by temp-tations. The product photo above shows a similar pan they are selling now. This pan is by far the prettiest cupcake pan I own. I used it to serve cupcakes for a baby shower I recently hosted and it made not only a wonderful baking tool, but a lovely serving piece.