Whipped Cream Frosting with Peaches

Share:

Whipped cream frosting is so fresh and light. Using whipped cream frosting (and I don’t mean Cool Whip) can be a great alternative to buttercream or cream cheese frostings.

Some of my favorite whipped cream frostings feature fruit (see my strawberry whipped cream frosting and my mango whipped cream frosting). For my maple ice cream cupcakes, I opted for a peach whipped cream frosting. Peaches ‘n cream are a tried and true combination and maple and peach are a dynamic duo.

Peach Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe

Whipped Cream Frosting with Peaches

Whipped Cream Frosting with Peaches

• 1 C heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 2/3 C finely pureed peaches, fresh or canned (If you plan to pipe the frosting, be sure to puree finely, otherwise they will get stuck in your piping tip - no fun! I used a food processor.)

1. Beat whipping cream on medium speed for about five minutes, until soft peaks form.
  2. Mix in sugar.
  3. Fold in peaches to the whipped cream.
  4. Be sure to keep refrigerated.

4 comments on “Whipped Cream Frosting with Peaches”

1. Eliana says:

I need to start experimenting with more frostings. I’ve never done a flavored whipped cream so I will have to try with strawberries, which are my favorite. Thanks for providing me with such great inspiration as always.

2. Jodi says:

oh wow peach buttercream! Yum!

3. Sounds great – I will have to try this sometime (on a cupcake I can stand not to have any).

4. Kendall A. says:

Ooohh… I love whipped cream, especially on cupcakes, but how do you keep it from melting immediately outside the fridge? I’ve always wanted to try to make the bakery-style stiff whipped cream, but apparently you need special bakery ingredients?

5. have you try melon buttercream? 😉 because peach buttercream seems too good to be true!

6. Stef says:

Kendall – I wouldn’t leave this frosting out in the sun, but as long as you are indoors and it’s not too hot, the frosting should not melt right away. It should be able to sit out for at least an hour or so.

Karl’s – No – I haven’t tried melon! I’ll have to add that to the list!

7. Kathryn says:

This sounds delicious! It is going on my projects list. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

8. kamailesfood says:

Mmmm…this flavor combo sounds great. The cupcakes are beautiful. Can’t wait for the recipe. :)

9. That sounds amazing! I cannot wait to try this with some local peaches.

10. Emily Nine says:

I’m so honored you left a comment on my budding blog! I’ve been reading cupcake project for half a year now, and it’s been very inspiring – I love the experimentation. I definitely intend to incorporate this frosting into my picnic post. And thanks again!

11. Molly Pants says:

Recently you entered your strawberry frosting in my strawberry recipe contest- which was amazing- and then today I saw this one on Tastespotting!! Looks incredible (as usual…)

12. Deanna says:

Please help, I was thinking of, instead of combining the peach puree to the whipped cream, of just drizzling it over the top of the whipped cream. I’m worried, however, that the peach puree will turn brown. When you made this recipe, did you have any problem with the peach puree turning brown? Thanks

13. Stef says:

Mine did not turn brown. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator.

14. Deanna says:

Thanks, Stef! I did a tester and am finding the same :)

15. teeteehall says:

my 14 year old baby girl…is a cupcake maker…I think she will have to make this one…smile

16. Anonymous says:

I used frozen peaches and now it’s too runny.. anyway I can fix it?

17. Stef says:

Anon – You could try freezing it. Other than that, I can’t think of anything else.