Passion Fruit Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day with White Chocolate Frosting
Published , Last updated by Stef
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have to give credit where credit is due. Jonathan came up with the idea for these passion fruit cupcakes for Valentine’s Day with white chocolate frosting. I mentioned that I was trying to think of something different for Valentine’s Day this year and he said, “Passion fruit!” I wasn’t sure about the idea at first – perhaps because I hadn’t thought of it (yeah, I’m like that sometimes). But, the idea grew on me until I had to get into the kitchen and bake them.
The passion fruit cupcakes are unique and tropical and they express more than just a friendly, hand-holdy kind of love.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a review!
Passion Fruit Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
This Valentine’s Day, take a trip to the tropics with these passion fruit cupcakes made with frozen passion fruit pulp and coconut milk, paired with a white chocolate buttercream.
Servings 18 Cupcakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 7 ounces passion fruit pulp room temperature (you can find frozen passion fruit pulp at international grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 ounces white chocolate melted but cool enough to touch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, passion fruit pulp, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the passion fruit mixture to the egg mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
- Whip butter in a large mixing bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Mix in melted chocolate and salt.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Click here to leave a comment and rating!
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!