Dinner Roll Recipe
This dinner roll recipe was chewy and light on the inside with a crusty exterior. Yogurt gives this dinner roll recipe a bit of a tang and honey provides it with a subtle sweetness.
The Dinner Roll Recipe
I got the dinner roll recipe from Robin at Hippo Flambe (is that not the coolest name for a blog?). Robin originally got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Baking Bites. I’ve reprinted the recipe here with my notes and the change to make them as muffin tin rolls.
Dinner Roll Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour You may need to add up to another cup of flour.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cups tepid water 105° - 115° F
- 1 cups yogurt Robin used Greek style yogurt, as did I.
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1/2 cup flour (or flour mix), yeast, honey, and tepid water.
- Stir well and let stand for 10 minutes, until bubbles form.
- With flat beater blade or a wooden spoon, stir in yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and 2 more cups of flour (or flour mix).
- Gradually mix in remaining flour until you have a soft dough that pulls from the sides of the bowl. Add more flour if necessary.
- Turn out onto a floured counter and knead by hand or use the dough hook attachment on an electric mixer. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or a towel and let rise until the dough doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Spray cupcake tins with non-stick baking spray or coat with melted butter.
- Break off pieces of dough and roll into balls that fill each well of the cupcake tin.
- Cover with a clean, damp dish towel and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for about 20 minutes, until rolls are a deep golden brown on the top.
- Break one open and dig in!
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!