Easter Egg Cupcakes with "Yolk" Centers | Cupcake Project

Easter Egg Cupcakes with "Yolk" Centers

Last year, I (and many of you) discovered the magic of Easter cupcakes baked in egg shells.  You can bake any cupcake recipe in cleaned out egg shells and when you are ready to eat the cake, you just crack the egg and dig in. Ah-mazing!

One question that I was asked repeatedly on the original Easter egg cupcake post was whether the eggs could be dyed.  I decided that a visual answer was in order.

As you can see, the answer is a resounding, “Yes, siree!”  The dye will also get on the cupcakes themselves a little bit unless you are able to apply dye to the egg shells without getting any dye inside of the holes.  In retrospect, perhaps I could have covered the holes while I dunked the egg shells in the dye.  If you give this a try, let me know.

Since I was remaking the Easter egg cupcakes anyway, I thought I’d give you a little surprise.  Look – this year’s cupcake eggs have yolks!!

I made the yolks by piping a layer of dyed cream cheese filling between two layers of batter.  It wasn’t perfect (the cream cheese part stuck to the shell a little bit and it was impossible to get the filling right in the center of the egg), but I was still egg-cited by the results.

I baked the Easter egg cupcakes at my friend Brooke’s (of Sucre and Spice) while listening to polka music and watching her work on her wooden spoons.  Having a crafty friend definitely has its perks.  Brooke came up with the idea of these adorable cupcake toppers and whipped them up – all in under fifteen minutes.  She had the paper and the two stamps already in her possession.  Good friends are everything that they are cracked up to be.

How to Make Easter Egg Cupcakes

These instructions for making Easter egg cupcakes are essentially the same as last year’s instructions with the egg-ception of the dyeing step and the cream cheese “yolk” filling.  If you want the more basic Easter egg cupcake, have a look at last year’s post.

Yield: 18 extra-large egg cupcakes

Dyed Eggs Ingredients:

• 18 extra large white eggs (Only three will get used in the cake.  The rest are just used for their shells.)
  • 1/2 cup of water for every egg color you want
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar for every egg color you want
  • Food coloring (as many colors as you’d like)

Cupcake Ingredients:

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs (from above)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Cream Cheese “Yolk” Ingredients:

• 1 egg (from above)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • Gold and yellow food coloring

Dyed Eggs Directions:

1. Carefully poke a small hole in the top of each egg.  I found that the easiest way to do this was to use the tip of a corkscrew bottle opener.
  2. Once you have poked tiny holes, peel back the edges of the holes to expand them a bit.  The holes need to be large enough to fit the tip of a piping bag inside.  You can always make the holes larger when you are ready to pipe so err on the smaller side during this step.
  3. Turn each egg upside-down and dump out its contents.  Keep the contents of two eggs separate for the cake recipe and one egg separate for the cream cheese “yolks”.  If you plan on using the other eggs for baking, it might be helpful to store them in small plastic containers in groups of two (otherwise it will be hard for you to later tell how much of your big bowl is two eggs).  You may wonder why there is a thermometer in the photo.  I used the tip of the thermometer to help get all of the egg out of the shell.
  4. Rinse the insides of the eggs out thoroughly over the sink.  Then, immerse them in saltwater for thirty minutes.  At first, I couldn’t get them to sink.  I realize that this is probably obvious to most of you, but in case anyone else is science-challenged, I thought I would share Jonathan‘s tip that the eggs need to be filled with the saltwater in order to sink.
  5. Rinse the egg shells in cold water to remove the salt.
  6. For each color that you want, prepare cups with water, vinegar, and six drops of food coloring.  Stir and add more color until you like the way the color looks.
  7. Dunk eggs one at a time into the cups of color and leave them in for a minute. Have a look at the resulting shell color and dunk again if you want the color to be more intense.
  8. Remove from the dye and place eggs hole side down on a paper towel to dry.

Cupcake Directions (I used my favorite sour cream cupcake recipe with lemon extract instead of vanilla):

1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
  3. Add the butter and lemon extract and mix until fully integrated.
  4. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
  5. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.

Cream Cheese “Yolk” Directions:

1. Mix cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth.
  2. Add food coloring until the mixture looks yolk-colored.  I found that this was best achieved by using mostly gold with just a touch of yellow for some brightness.

Egg Filling and Baking Directions:

1. Place the prepared egg shells into a cupcake tin.  Use aluminum foil to help them stand upright.
  2. Load the cake batter and the “yolk” into piping bags fitted with small tips.  Make sure that the tips can fit all of the way inside of the egg holes.  If they can’t, gradually egg-spand the holes until the tips fit.
  3. Fill your eggs about 1/4 full with batter.
  4. Top the batter with “yolk” until the eggs are about 1/2 full.
  5. Top the “yolk” with more batter until the eggs are about 3/4 full.  This is the tricky part.  If you underfill the eggs, you won’t have complete cake eggs inside when you crack them after baking.  If you overfill the eggs, cake will flow out of the eggs during baking.  I found that it was best to let the cake overflow out of the top of the egg slightly and then to simply pick it off (eat it) and clean the shell with a damp towel before serving.  Unfortunately, this technique may remove some of the dye.
  6. Bake the eggs at 350 F for 20 minutes.
  7. Let cool, crack, and eat!

Thanks To My New Sponsor

I was recently offered the opportunity through FoodBuzz to work with Frigidaire.  Frigidaire asked a select group of FoodBuzz bloggers to post about our favorite springtime recipe.  This is it!  It’s light and lemony and full of the wonder of everything new and fresh about springtime.  Read on and you just might win a new oven!

This post was sponsored by Frigidaire. When you check out Suzanne Goin’s springtime recipes at www.maketimeforchange.com, Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children’s U.S. programs. Plus, you’ll be entered for a chance to win the new Frigidaire Range with Symmetry™ Double Ovens– featuring two large ovens (that can each fit up to a 28 pound turkey!), providing the flexibility to cook multiple dishes at the same time at different temperatures, so you can get more on the table at the same time.

106 Responses to Easter Egg Cupcakes with "Yolk" Centers

1. Stephanie March 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

So cute. Wonder if it would work to dye the eggs before emptying, filling, and baking. Thoughts?

• Stef March 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

I wondered about that, but thought that all of the rinsing (especially with the salt water) might hurt the dye.

• Dusky Beauty March 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

I would try dying the raw eggs with food coloring dye until they were really dark– then I expect the color would hold up with warm salt water. HOT or WARM water SETS color, it doesn’t take it out; which is why you should only use cold water to clean a stain.

• sofa_queen April 7, 2012 at 10:47 am #

I dyed raw eggs, leaving them in food coloring dye for at least an hour, let them dry and then emptied and did a saltwater soak. The dye does come off a bit, but they definitely remain colored (with the exception of yellow — every time I tried it, it pretty much all came off). On my first attempt I tried one egg in cool salt water and one egg in warm salt water. The dye on the egg in the warm water actually came off faster (but I think these results are inconclusive because that happened to be a yellow egg). Anyway, you can absolutely dye the eggs raw before you soak them in salt water, and then the cake does not get colored at all! Thanks for sharing this idea, it has definitely made my Easter preparations more colorful!

2. The Blissful Baker March 16, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Oh my goodness! So cute! :)

3. Amanda March 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

adorable!

4. Zee March 17, 2012 at 7:11 am #

What a wonderful idea! I haven’t seen anything like this before

5. Amy Cardenas March 17, 2012 at 8:56 am #

OMG! I am so in love with this idea!!! Thanks for sharing and all the “how-tos”!!!! :)

6. Kindra @ wickfreeforever.com March 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Oh my goodness these look amazing a little too hard for me but I think this is such a cute idea!

7. Lisa @ Sweet 2 Eat Baking March 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

I’m loving the cupcakes in the real eggs. I wasn’t subscribed to your blog last year but as a new subscriber I’m loving this.

I imagine the kids will get a massive kick out of the fun of peeling back the eggs to realise there’s cake! Which child does not love cake!?

8. Asiya @ Chocolate & Chillies March 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

These are adorable! What a creative idea!

9. Asiya @ Chocolate & Chillies March 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

These are adorable! What a creative idea!

10. Asiya @ Chocolate & Chillies March 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

These are adorable! What a creative idea!

11. Bronya March 18, 2012 at 8:42 am #

What an inspired Easter idea – love it!! And so much better than ANOTHER chocolate egg!

12. Sugar Daze March 18, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

These are so adorable! What an egg-cellent idea! ;)

13. Bella March 19, 2012 at 8:06 am #

They look adorable- i gotta try making those this Easter!

14. Benita Wheeler March 19, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

i love this idea…cute gift idea for a little one.

15. Anonymous March 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

I love this idea! What tip did you use to pipe the batter and filling inside of the eggs? I have a Wilton cupcake filling tip (#230); is this tip too small to fill the eggs?

• Stef April 3, 2012 at 2:49 am #

I’ve used a few different tips. Don’t worry about it being too small. The smaller the better. Just pick any tip that fits in the hole.

16. Phil March 20, 2012 at 8:59 am #

Hi there, what about taking the cream cheese ‘yolk,’ dobbing out small blobs on wax paper (must be smaller than the hole in the egg) then freezing them. Once you’re ready to fill the eggs, fill them up halfway and throw in a few frozen yolk globules. They should in theory not sink.

• Stef March 21, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Cool idea! If you try it, let me know how it works!

• Marie March 28, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

You probably could take a chocolate egg or some other round chocolate/soft candy that is smaller then the hole and put them in the middle?

17. Festive Party Girl March 20, 2012 at 10:02 am #

What an adorable Easter idea. Baking cake in an eggshell = genius!

18. k*t cakery March 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

These are adorable. Would it be possible to fill the cupcake after it is baked similar to how you might add filling to a cupcake after it is baked? (e.g., Use Wilton tip 230?)

• Stef March 21, 2012 at 8:24 am #

I don’t see why not. You could certainly try!

19. Liz March 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

These look totally awesome. My kids would love them. Thanks for this recipe.

20. Speedmaster March 22, 2012 at 2:21 am #

That’s pretty clever! ;-)

21. dearsafia March 22, 2012 at 7:31 am #

These are brilliant! Will have to try this out! http://www.fromcupcakeswithlove.blogspot.com :) x

22. SRamsey March 22, 2012 at 11:13 am #

These are so cute and this is such an inspirational idea. I’ll never look at a Chocolate egg again without thinking “wheres my cupcake”!Great post, thanks

23. Jenn Kendall March 22, 2012 at 11:57 am #

oh my god these are adorable! love it!

24. Anonymous March 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

I’m so going to try this and drop a few “Easter” m&ms inside while filling with batter!

25. KaTom Restaurant Supply March 23, 2012 at 7:12 am #

We love this idea! We’re totally going to try this recipe out…it’s just too awesome not too :) Look to our blog in the near future to see how ours turned out:

Thanks again for the great recipe! We’ll be sure to mention you!

26. Anonymous March 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

I love these! I gave them a test run for easter and the kids loved them! Tge onky issue was overfilling. I didn’t dye them as they were a test run but i was worried about rubbing off the dye. Any tips on not over filling?
    Thank you for the recipie!
    Rachel

27. Anonymous March 25, 2012 at 9:02 am #

As a technical note, if any one else has trouble getting the egg out of the little hole in the shell, if you make the hole slightly bigger than a straw, break up the yolk, hold the egg with the hole down, stick a straw into the hole, and blow air into the egg, the egg part comes right out. The first egg I hollowed I tried to just dump the egg out of the shell; took me about 10 min. The second egg I used the straw; took me about 10 seconds. Super excited to start baking!
    Bryna

• TheresaS April 7, 2012 at 8:24 am #

thanks that was my problem! some one told me to make hole on otherside tiny and blow but i was afraid cake batter would leak out before or during baking this tip saved me – otherwise it would take toooooo long

28. Regina March 26, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Wow, these are amazing! I will try them myself – looking forward to it and will post my results here =)

29. Jen @ Jens Favorite Cookies March 27, 2012 at 11:04 am #

This is one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever seen! (Talk about portion control!) I seriously cannot wait to try it! Thanks for a great post.

30. levenashley March 28, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

excuse me for sounding lazy but im sure im not the only single mother out there. Can i use cake mix & frosting from the store? i dont have time for all of that but i would love to make these with my daughter :)

• Stef April 3, 2012 at 2:47 am #

Of course you can.

31. Anonymous March 28, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

totally making these with my kids!! super awesome idea!!

32. Anonymous March 31, 2012 at 5:03 am #

I suppose you could make some yellow butter cream and inject it into the cakes as yolk much as you would do for jam doughnuts?

33. Celestial March 31, 2012 at 8:11 am #

this is my first time visiting your blog and im loving it! truly, your food photos make us drool, they are amazingly shoot and nicely frame. im sure the recipe taste equally good. im going to try this cupcake in egg shell for easter day, i hope it will be a success as it seem quite challenging to open up a small hole in the egg shell without causing the whole egg to crack. any tips for that?

• Stef April 3, 2012 at 2:46 am #

It’s surprisingly not. Once you poke a small hole with something pointy, you can quite easily peel the shell back without cracking the egg.

• Celestial April 6, 2012 at 3:26 am #

thanks for the tips. i baked this with my girlfriend and it was a success! we use blu-tack to seal the egg hole and the colour didnt flow inside the shell. and we use lemon zest instead of lemon extract. they really turn out great, thanks for sharing such a creative recipe for Easter Day!

Sharing my post @ http://celestialdelish.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-project-egg-cupcake.html

34. Jo-Lyn March 31, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Thanks for a great idea! I tried making these and they turned out ok, The batter stuck to the outside of the eggs pretty bad, though. I don’t think I could make these for my customer’s and be happy about selling them because of the messiness of them… =( http://jolynscupcakesncandies.net/easter-egg-cupcakes/

• Stef April 3, 2012 at 2:45 am #

Glad you gave them a try. Sorry you had such sticking problems.

35. Regina April 1, 2012 at 4:03 am #

I made it! they were quite some effort, but some eggs turned out gorgeous! I found it easier to blow out the inside of the eggs through a second, tiny hole in the bottom of the eggshell. But I found it pretty hard to see, how much batter is already inside the eggs… but anyway- the taste made it all worth it!

• Anonymous April 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Omg, thats how I JUST got the egg out of my shells! Sweet bakers think alike! LOL :)
      -Maise

36. Kayla April 3, 2012 at 1:47 am #

Do these need to be stored in the fridge or just an air-tight container on the counter?

• Stef April 3, 2012 at 2:42 am #

On the counter is fine.

37. Anonymous April 3, 2012 at 8:51 am #

What about dying part of the cake batter yellow for the yolk?

38. Phuoc'n Delicious April 4, 2012 at 3:54 am #

Thank you for this! I’m making them for this Sunday. Do you think I could prepare the shells a few days before baking the cake inside them?

39. von Hand zu Hand April 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

a great idea!

I linked to your recipe on my blog – thanks for sharing!

doro K.

40. Anonymous April 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

you could use a donut batter then put jelly or custard fillings inside after baking and cooled, then a confection icing dried flower to seal it. They are very cute for Easter or jus Spring!Gail

41. okiesinomaha April 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

I simply used a paint brush and my Americolor food colors to color my eggs. The colors are SUPER-FANTASTICLY BRIGHT, to say the least, and they look great! AND, no color getting on the cake from the inside of the shell.

42. Anonymous April 6, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Great idea. We used to do jello eggs this way when I was a kid, but this is better.
    If you do this with any regularity, it’d be worth investing in an egg blower: lets you make a single, small hole to empty the egg, which you can then block up when dyeing the shell (and widen a little when you fill with batter).

PS: I had the problem with filling the shell too high so that it spilled out during baking — and took off some of the color when I removed the extra… but that gave them a sort of ombre look, which I really like.

43. Anonymous April 7, 2012 at 7:52 am #

It would be super cute to get yellow chick peeps and do half eggs filled with cake batter…put icing on the top then add a chick peep! A chick in an egg.

• Anonymous April 7, 2012 at 7:54 am #

Or even put the cake batter into an egg mold, then when they come out of the oven, put them into a plastic egg, then do the above chick part.

44. Lydia April 7, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

The only changes I made were to dye the eggs before I emptied them which turned out well other than the yellow and orange losing it’s color during the salt water soak(which was easily fixed by re-dying them after)and I used a mini-muffin try to bake in which meant no tin foil to brace the eggs… all in all turned out great! :)

45. jojo April 8, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

My son and I made these and had a lot of fun together. We dyed the raw eggs first and then emptied the eggs. We didn’t have too much trouble getting the egg out. Like everyone else, I over filled the eggs with batter and then pulled off the dye along with the cake. But I put my thumb over the hole and carefully held the eggs in the dye again to repair the messed up spots. They were a big hit at the Easter party and we had fun tricking our friends. It was a lot of work but worth it in the end! Thanks for sharing this fun idea!

46. Erica AKA Santas Daughter April 9, 2012 at 8:20 am #

Thank you for the inspiration!
    I made this kind of muffins to my friends a few days ago, and it was a huge succes!

Pics of my eggs:

47. designjr April 13, 2012 at 6:59 am #

lovely colours!

48. Nic Zamora July 4, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

49. Nic Zamora July 4, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

Hi i love your blog! i have a question though, how long would these last until you’d have to eat them? {: Coz i’d like to sell these but i’m afraid they would expire to quickly…

50. Stef July 5, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

They have the same shelf life as any other cupcake (a couple of days for maximum freshness).

51. Emil July 30, 2012 at 1:13 am #

Such a beautiful idea, unbelievable! I can’t wait to see my familiy’s faces when I bring them these cupceggs!

52. Anonymous October 19, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

I saw that some people had troubles with the cake sticking to the outside of the eggshell and was wondering if it would work to rub a little oil around the outside of the hole. Has anyone tried this?

53. Muhammad Farhan November 23, 2012 at 10:42 pm #

5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ———————————-

There are long lasting ways to get the amazing middle you crave. These genius tips
    Will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat, And feel even more gorgeous.
    we have very best advice for quickly shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
    Hello, skinny jeans! Stop making these 5 Major mistakes and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat

54. Online Job Oppertunity December 28, 2012 at 4:30 am #

5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ———————————-
    Hello, skinny jeans!

55. Muhammad Noman January 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

Tips to a flat stomach
    ———————————-
    5 Tips to a flat stomach
    Hello, skinny jeans!

56. Anonymous February 17, 2013 at 1:22 am #

How about instead of doing a yolk batter you add an icing or pudding mixture to it after it’s cooked. Like a cream filled cupcake.

57. Janine Eshelbrenner March 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

Super cute! I can’t wait to include them in my Easter sweets roundup on Monday!

58. Joshua Perry March 7, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

I was so excited about this i just had to go to the lab n try it before doing it wit my kids n saff all kinds if ideas go through me i think my cupcake friends and customers will enjoy these.

59. Anonymous March 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

Think I might try this for my son’s first grade class. I was also wondering about dying the eggs first, before emptying the shell, but now I think I might just seperate the cupcake batter into seperate batches and color each batch a different color. Then when I fill each egg shell, I’ll just use the same color batter to fill the matching color egg shell. :)

60. John Johnson March 20, 2013 at 5:41 am #

I would never use this recipe. egg shell is one of the most disgusting things to accidentally bite down on if it’s in your food and there’s no way I’d risk eating a cake that’s surrounded in the nasty stuff. yuck.

61. Anonymous March 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm #

I didn’t read all of the comments here however I was wondering if you are soaking the eggs in salt to clean them?I was wondering if you soaked them in vinegar water if it would have the same effect.Then you could dye them before you opened them and soak in vinegar as it helps to set the dye?either way it is awesome and made me think about adding food coloring to my cake recipe so when you opened the white egg it would burst with color. any thoughts?

62. Anonymous March 21, 2013 at 7:01 am #

You could also use unsweetened Kool-aid to dye the eggs and get fruit scented eggs with a hint of fruit flavoring in the cupcakes. That way you don’t have the vinegar smell to the eggs.

63. Anonymous March 22, 2013 at 7:14 pm #

I didn’t read all the comments, but I have four questions:
    1. How long can these sit on the counter for/do they need to be refrigerated?
    2. How about adding some to make the yolk, like yellow frosting in a donut or something?
    3. Anybody try these yet?
    4. Another fun thing would be to try to get a small piece of fruit in one, like a piece of sliced melon or something pastel, and then when they have cooked all the way through, unpeel the egg and take the cake part off the fruit and set the (baked) fruit in a basket with some easter candies.
    Cute stuff! -Chris

• Anonymous March 29, 2013 at 11:28 am #

Baked melon with crumbs on it? You’re kidding, right?

64. Ashleigh March 28, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

I have a question — for the cleaning of the shells. Should one soak them in warm salt water or cold salt water?

Thanks in advance!!

65. Anonymous March 29, 2013 at 11:27 am #

I always go fot the easy route- I’d buy a jar of lemon curd and use it as it or add some sugar and pipe that into an already baked egg.

66. Anonymous March 29, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Why do you have to soak the eggs in salt water?

67. Anonymous April 1, 2013 at 4:39 am #

Don’t worry, I tried these without the frosting and they were very easy! And delicious! Does anybody know if the frosting melts when it’s in the oven?

• Marlene April 3, 2014 at 12:55 am #

Several people mentioned frosting. What frosting? That’s a cream cheese filling, not frosting.

And since there is cream cheese in these, they should be refrigerated as soon as they are cooled, not left on a counter.

68. Debbie April 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm #

HELP! Ive been told that this doesnt work in a traditional oven… is that true? Are you all using a fancy-shmancy oven that i dont know about?

Was hoping to bake these this weekend for a special party. :S

69. Free Beats By Dre January 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

There’s definately a great deal to know about this subject.

I like all the points you have made.

70. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance”
    between user friendliness and visual appeal.

I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. In addition, the blog
    loads very quick for me on Internet explorer. Excellent Blog!

71. Free PlayStation Plus Code February 8, 2014 at 1:32 am #

I have read so many posts about thee blogger lovers except this articke is
    really a nnice post, keep it up.

72. Quotes about family February 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

Actually when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here
    it occurs.

73. Brooke June 17, 2014 at 7:01 am #

Quality posts is the secret to be a focus for the people to go to see the web
    page, that’s what this website is providing.

74. pool cleaner reviews 2014 June 18, 2014 at 9:46 am #

I have read so many articles regarding the blogger lovers
    except this piece of writing is in fact a pleasant paragraph, keep it up.

75. Best headphones 2014 June 18, 2014 at 8:36 pm #

What’s up, I read your new stuff like every week.
    Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!

76. new hair dryer 2014 June 19, 2014 at 5:18 am #

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or
    did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond
    as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know
    where u got this from. appreciate it

77. Best lawn mower 2014 June 20, 2014 at 7:33 am #

It’s awesome in favor of me to have a web site, which is beneficial designed for my experience.
    thanks admin

78. Emmanuel June 24, 2014 at 11:45 pm #

Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting
    company you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at
    a honest price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

1. Easter Cupcakes Baked in Real Egg Shells | Cupcake Project - April 25, 2013

[...] Update 3/19/2012:  For the basic instructions on these Easter cupcakes, keep reading.  To see another example of them with dyed eggs and cream cheese “yolk” filling, see my latest version of these Easter cupcakes. [...]

2. 25 of the Cutest Easter Cupcakes - February 24, 2014

[...] Easter Egg Cupcakes with Yolk Centers Click for Recipe [...]

3. If I had superpowers, today I'd do this stuff... - Logan Wolfram - March 7, 2014

[...] are cupcakes made in REAL egg shells!  And can I tell you how badly I wanted to make them this week?!  For the love….this is the [...]

4. 51 Easter Sweets Made Simple with Tutorials and Recipes - April 1, 2014

[...] Easter Egg Cupcakes with “Yolk” Centers by Cupcake [...]

5. 15 Easter Cupcake Recipes - April 3, 2014

[...] Cupcake Baked in a Real Egg -  Cupcake Project [...]

6. Colorful Easter Egg Cakes - Little Light Design Collective - April 4, 2014

[...] dessert, especially because you can get so creative with them.  Which is why, when I came across this, I knew I had to try them!  I mean, come on…cupcakes baked in Easter Eggs!  How AWESOME is [...]

7. 25 Easter Dessert Recipes - Rachel Cooks - April 12, 2014

[...] Easter Egg Cupcakes with ‘Yolk’ Center {Cupcake Project} [...]

8. Aufs Ei gekommen – vier österliche Geschäftsideen | Der Blog von Für-Gründer.de - April 14, 2014

[...] in die Schale. 23 Minuten bei 180 Grad Celsius im Ofen später ist der Ostereicupcake fertig. Auf cupcakeproject.com finden Sie weitere Informationen und [...]

9. Decorate your home for Easter | Buzzmove - April 17, 2014

[...] lastly, if you feel like doing some Easter baking, why not try to bake your own Easter egg cupcakes baked in an Easter egg shell! The sweetest little Easter decoration this [...]

10. Eggstra-Special Cupcakes | it's all good - April 18, 2014

[...] Happy Almost Easter! This past Tuesday we had Recipe Club at Lauren’s and the theme was “eggs” so basically you could make anything. I ended up re-creating a super cute dessert I found on Pinterest. This is my adaptation of The Cupcake Project’s Easter Egg Cupcakes. [...]

11. Jen’s Eggstra-special Cupcakes | Nashville Recipe Club - April 21, 2014

[...] for these eggs originally came from The Cupcake Project and more detailed explanation of these eggs can be found at It’s All [...]