Grilled onions are the sweet cousin of the bad boy, make you cry raw onions. Grilled onions still have an edge (as your breath will attest to), but grilled onions are sugary enough to make their way into a cupcake. Sometimes, however, sweet things can be made even more appealing.
See what I mean? Well, for grilled onions, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar do the trick.
How to Make Grilled Onions With Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar
Inspired by Busy Nothings
Grilled Onions with Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil or enough to lightly coat your saute pan
- 2 yellow onions cut into rings
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- In a medium-sized saute pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and stir frequently until they begin to change color.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Reduce to medium-low and saute for about twenty minutes or until fully caramelized, stirring periodically.
If your entry in the Flavor Bible contest contained grilled onions, you may be a winner.