EASY Coconut Clusters
These coconut clusters couldn’t easier and they are SO delicious. They are one of my go-to last minutes holiday recipes. Mix three ingredients, scoop them out onto a cookie sheet, bake for 10 minutes and you’re done – so simple!! Oh, I should mention that they are gluten-free, too!
These coconut clusters that originate from Brazil taste a lot like the coconut macaroons, which is to say that the main flavor is sweetened toasted coconut (fine by me!). The main difference between the two is the texture. Coconut macaroons are typically dense and cakey, while these clusters are light and very chewy.
How to Make Coconut Clusters
To make these, you need just three ingredients:
- Unsweetened flaked coconut – Although you could use any unsweetened desiccated coconut for this recipe, I strongly recommend using coconut flakes for taste and appearance.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
Mix all of the ingredients together, scoop clumps of it onto a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet and bake!
It couldn’t be easier!
Try making a chocolate version like I do with my chocolate macaroons.
Consider adding in nut and seeds like in these hemp and pumpkin seed clusters.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Use a tablespoon-sized scoop to scoop the mixture onto parchment- or Silpat-lined cookie sheets, spacing the scoops two inches apart from each other. The mixture won't be all that sticky and it might look like it's totally falling apart (so much so that you absolutely need a scoop for this - it will fall apart in your hands), but once it bakes, it all comes together.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the coconut clusters are browned.
- Leave on cookie sheet to cool. Use a spatula or bowl scraper to peel the clusters off of the cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days.
Join my mailing list - and receive a free eBook!