1. Someone else doing the cleanup work – anyone would do, but someone you are physically attracted to would be ideal… or a robot… or an adorable talking kitten.
2. Ingredients that stay fresh forever so you will never see alien plant life appear in your refrigerator again.
3. A magic spell that proofs yeast dough instantly.
4. A HUGE island.
5. A room full of dishes and cake stands like Martha Stewart’s prop room – plus a staff of “prop librarians” to help you plate on the perfect dish.
6. This view out the window (without any problems associated with high-altitude baking).
7. Free post-baking massages.
8. The ability to stop the clock to finish everything before guests arrive.
9. The stove that you see in the window at Williams-Sonoma. It’s a La Cornue CornuFé Stove and it’s $8,600.
This is the only thing on the list with an actual price tag, but it’s so unlikely that anyone I know will ever own one that it belongs on the same list as the magic spell.
10. Great Grandma’s recipe book (which she probably didn’t have – she just put in a little bit of this and a little bit of that).
What’s Your Dream?
Let me know in the comments!