10 Things Every Home Baker Dreams of Having

10 Things Every Home Baker Dreams of Having

Share:
reviews, top ten

bakers dreams

1.  Someone else doing the cleanup work – anyone would do, but someone you are physically attracted to would be ideal… or a robot… or an adorable talking kitten.

2.  Ingredients that stay fresh forever so you will never see alien plant life appear in your refrigerator again.

3.  A magic spell that proofs yeast dough instantly.

4.  A HUGE island.

huge island

Source: TEA2 Architects

5.  A room full of dishes and cake stands like Martha Stewart’s prop room – plus a staff of “prop librarians” to help you plate on the perfect dish.

prop cake stands

A view of Martha’s prop room. Image from Apartment Therapy.

6.  This view out the window (without any problems associated with high-altitude baking).

7.  Free post-baking massages.

8.  The ability to stop the clock to finish everything before guests arrive.

9.  The stove that you see in the window at Williams-Sonoma.  It’s a La Cornue CornuFé Stove and it’s $8,600.

fancy stove

This is the only thing on the list with an actual price tag, but it’s so unlikely that anyone I know will ever own one that it belongs on the same list as the magic spell.

10.  Great Grandma’s recipe book (which she probably didn’t have – she just put in a little bit of this and a little bit of that).

What’s Your Dream?

Let me know in the comments!

If you liked this, you might also like:

cupcake bakers only

24 comments on “10 Things Every Home Baker Dreams of Having”

1. Kittish says:

Heward’s Handy Cabinet. Looks like a standard kitchen cabinet from the outside, but you can store up to 50 appliances in it and the one you want is always right in front when you open the door.

2. Oh, my. I hope no one will think less of me if I just stay here on this page a little longer with….him. I don’t know if he’s someone famous that I should know the name of, but in any case, thank you.

3. Adrienne says:

A magical lightweight mixer that would continually test and adjust to perfectly cream butter and sugar, know precisely when to stop whipping cream, and would have an expert knowledge of whipping egg whites to various stiffness and just ‘make it happen’. Oh, and it would self-clean all the nooks and crannies.

4. Tracy James says:

Loved your list and as my kitchen is only about 5 square metres I drooled over the HUGE island and Martha Stewart’s prop room :-)

5. Jeanne says:

Great grandmas recipe book

6. Nur Amy says:

great grandma’s recipe book? HUGE Island ? Martha Stewart’s prop room? oh,my!

7. Beth says:

I’ll take those post baking massages :-)!

8. Jessica says:

I would LOVE a huge island!!!
    My kitchen has very little counter space.

9. bari'atu says:

Free post baking messages

10. Debbie says:

#10 would be at the top of my list. Some things are priceless.
    But would I be too greedy if I said I want them all?

11. Shawn says:

Clean up!!!!

12. Alexie says:

I would love grandma recipe book and the ability to stop the clock before guest arrives.

13. Robert Peck says:

That feeling that you get when your through cooking and the dishes ,pots and pans have to be cleaned but they have all been cleaned by an unknown everlasting friend .Thank god !!!

14. Kimber says:

The ability to taste-test and sample and eat all the raw cookie dough/cake batter without gaining any weight or arteries clogging with no fear of salmonella. So basically a rainbow unicorn.

15. Meggan says:

Honestly, I so want the stove and I also would love to be able to stop time…

16. Olubukola Esther says:

Lots to learn from u,thanks love

17. Tiffany says:

Awesome list! I especially loved the idea of someone doing the cleanup work and Martha Stewart’s prop room, I could just admire that room for hours. Running out of baking ingredients is a problem that I tend to have so having a mechanism to replenish used ingredients would be rather awesome!

18. Mary says:

A way bigger kitchen. Bigger than an island. A continent.

19. John C. says:

I’ll take the stove as long as the temp setting in the oven is within .005 degrees and the burners can really just simmer things instead of boiling the crap out of them.

20. Melinda says:

I am leaning towards #6. Having recently moved from the mountains in Canada to the beach in Panama. I am experiencing learning to bake in a sea level, very humid climate.

21. Annelien Smit says:

I love your 10 things yes. Especially the view. If I can choose one thing it will be a fairy with a magic wand to make all my efforts look as beautiful as on the pictures of the recipes I try.

22. Linda Sharp says:

I am a cupcake project virgin so I am brand new to your blog ..all thou I have to admit I am excited about learning more about your baking tips & cupcake idea’s.

23. Barbara J Wilson says:

I must have the large island with the amazing stove that faces the view .