Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen

Share:

Diving into these maple pecan cupcakes from the top, you’ll be met with butter pecan buttercream frosting that tastes exactly like butter pecan ice cream – so much so that you may be tempted to put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.  That wouldn’t be a bad choice, but then you would miss out on discovering how well the butter pecan pairs with the pecan-packed maple cupcakes made with a half cup of pure maple syrup.  Together, frosting and cupcake are pecan perfection!

I developed the maple pecan cupcake recipe for Paula Deen. So, you’ll have to head over to Paula’s website to learn how to make them.  Happy travels!

13 comments on “Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen”

1. Sara Berry says:

Those sound unbelievable but labor-intensive. I would totally pay someone to make them for me though :)

2. Anonymous says:

Is there a way a can make this as a cake? Would love to make it for Thanksgiving.

3. Stef says:

Anon – I haven’t tried it. But, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

4. Shannon says:

I just saw these on Paula Deen’s website. They look awesome. I could probably swim in Butter Pecan Buttercream!! Great job!

5. Jon says:

Stef,

Im thinking of making these cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Can you tell me what brand/grade or provide me a link to the specific kind of maple syrup you used for creating this recipe?

P.S. thanks for this blog. I made the ultimate vanilla cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and they were wonderful!!

6. Stef says:

Jon – I used grade B. But, any pure maple syrup will taste great!

7. Anonymous says:

it would be nice if there were some form of nutritional info for that recipe. I made them for Thanksgiving and they’re delicious but with three sticks of butter I imagine there’s more than a day’s worth of calories in just one cupcake.

8. Anonymous says:

Tried to find the recipe at Paula Deen’s website but it wasn’t there. Maybe it’s been too long?
    Beth

9. Stef says:

Anon – I just tried the link at the bottom of the post and it still works. Give it another go. Let me know if you still have problems.

10. Anonymous says:

Thanks, I found it. I initially didn’t use the link to get to Paula’s website I had gone to her website and searched for the recipe. Love your cupcakes.

11. Bridal Gowns says:

Its very innovative blog. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats.!

12. I made these cupcakes. Not terribly sweet, which is great, because it complements the amazing buttered pecan icing that is just yum!!! A good combo and everyone loved them. E buttered pecans seem like a lot of work, but they really are quick n easy to make and if u do it first, it cools completely by the time u make the icing.

13. Hope says:

Is this no longer available? The Paula seen website seems too have been removed.