Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen | Cupcake Project

Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen

Diving into these maple pecan cupcakes from the top, you’ll be met with butter pecan buttercream frosting that tastes exactly like butter pecan ice cream – so much so that you may be tempted to put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.  That wouldn’t be a bad choice, but then you would miss out on discovering how well the butter pecan pairs with the pecan-packed maple cupcakes made with a half cup of pure maple syrup.  Together, frosting and cupcake are pecan perfection!

I developed the maple pecan cupcake recipe for Paula Deen. So, you’ll have to head over to Paula’s website to learn how to make them.  Happy travels!

12 Responses to Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen

1. Sara Berry November 10, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Those sound unbelievable but labor-intensive. I would totally pay someone to make them for me though :)

2. Anonymous November 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Is there a way a can make this as a cake? Would love to make it for Thanksgiving.

3. Stef November 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

Anon – I haven’t tried it. But, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

4. Shannon November 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

I just saw these on Paula Deen’s website. They look awesome. I could probably swim in Butter Pecan Buttercream!! Great job!

5. Jon November 23, 2011 at 7:37 am #

Stef,

Im thinking of making these cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Can you tell me what brand/grade or provide me a link to the specific kind of maple syrup you used for creating this recipe?

P.S. thanks for this blog. I made the ultimate vanilla cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and they were wonderful!!

6. Stef November 23, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

Jon – I used grade B. But, any pure maple syrup will taste great!

7. Anonymous November 24, 2011 at 3:51 am #

it would be nice if there were some form of nutritional info for that recipe. I made them for Thanksgiving and they’re delicious but with three sticks of butter I imagine there’s more than a day’s worth of calories in just one cupcake.

8. Anonymous January 24, 2012 at 10:36 am #

Tried to find the recipe at Paula Deen’s website but it wasn’t there. Maybe it’s been too long?
    Beth

9. Stef January 24, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Anon – I just tried the link at the bottom of the post and it still works. Give it another go. Let me know if you still have problems.

10. Anonymous January 24, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Thanks, I found it. I initially didn’t use the link to get to Paula’s website I had gone to her website and searched for the recipe. Love your cupcakes.

11. Bridal Gowns October 12, 2012 at 1:20 am #

Its very innovative blog. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats.!

12. Pamela Bernhardt January 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm #

I made these cupcakes. Not terribly sweet, which is great, because it complements the amazing buttered pecan icing that is just yum!!! A good combo and everyone loved them. E buttered pecans seem like a lot of work, but they really are quick n easy to make and if u do it first, it cools completely by the time u make the icing.