When I made saffron cupcakes, I commented that Groom 2.0 really just wanted a plain chocolate cupcake. Those of you that read the comments saw that he was quick to correct me,
“I don’t want a ‘plain chocolate cupcake’. I want a phenomenal, rich, delectable, ‘better than sex’ chocolate cupcake. Milk chocolate? White chocolate? Dark chocolate? All of the the above. Not EVERY cupcake needs to
have an unusual flavor or a quirky ingredient. There’s no reason that traditional has to mean boring. If I wanted a boring chocolate cupcake, I’d got to the store and buy a box mix and do it myself. I want the Cupcake
The Five Chocolate Parts of the Better Than Sex Cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcake recipe by Chockylit. On their own, these may be the best chocolate cupcakes you’ve ever had.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed into the recipe.
- Rich, decedent chocolate mousse filling.
- Dark chocolate ganache made with 67 percent Patric chocolate.
- White chocolate drizzle.
Were the Better Than Sex Cupcakes Better than Sex?
What about Bride 2.0?
Better Than Sex Cupcake Recipe Parts 1 and 2 – The Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter until softened.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a small sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine.
- Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Better Than Sex Cupcake Recipe Part 3 – The Chocolate Mousse Filling
Better Than Sex Cupcake Recipe Part 4 – The Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 3.5 oz of dark chocolate broken into small pieces (I used Patric chocolate)
- 1/3 C heavy cream