Lavender Butter Recipe: An Easy Way to Add Lavender Flavor to Any Cupcake | Cupcake Project

Lavender Butter Recipe: An Easy Way to Add Lavender Flavor to Any Cupcake

Culinary lavender adds a unique and Springy flavor to any dish. Lavender seems to be one of those love it or hate it flavors. Some can’t get past the fact that it smells like soap or perfume. I can’t blame them, since as many of you know, I can’t eat mint because I can’t get past the fact that it tastes like toothpaste.

If you are a lavender lover, an easy way to add lavender flavor to any of your cupcakes is to replace the butter with lavender butter.
Lavender butter would also be great on hot rolls. In addition, I learned from Kelly at Sounding my Barbaric Gulp that lavender butter is great on artichokes.

Lavender Butter Recipe

The recipe for lavender butter is so easy that it is almost a stretch to call it a recipe.

Lavender Butter Recipe: An Easy Way to Add Lavender Flavor to Any Cupcake

1. In a food processor, cut the lavender into the butter until it is fully integrated. Wrap the lavender butter in parchment paper and store in the fridge. I would recommend leaving it the fridge at least overnight to give the flavor more time to absorb into the butter.

Check out my Lavender Pear Cupcakes.

0 Responses to Lavender Butter Recipe: An Easy Way to Add Lavender Flavor to Any Cupcake

1. KELLY SCHMICKLE March 31, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

Hey, Stef!

I am the lavender fanatic. I usually just crush a pinch or two over a couple tablespoons of butter, melt it over low heat, then dip artichoke leaves in it. SO GOOD! ;-)

2. Stef March 31, 2008 at 8:13 pm #

I updated the post and you have been properly credited! I’ll have to try it at some point.

3. Nupur April 1, 2008 at 2:00 am #

What a great idea for a special brunch!

4. Lysy April 1, 2008 at 2:49 am #

This sounds gorgeous – can’t wait for the pear and lavender cupcakes!

5. Tempered Woman April 1, 2008 at 5:57 am #

totally can’t wait~ sound really good!
    I’ve tried the lavendar. Let’s just say it is still a work in progress for me. Recent flop was lavendar and orange blossom angel food. Tasted like My Mom’s Lotion angel food- hah!

6. Mara April 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm #

What a fabulous idea!!! I was thinking about lavender cupcakes recently…I’m trying this. Thanks!

7. Carrie April 2, 2008 at 3:51 am #

Hi Stef -
    I am new to your site, and LOVE it. I just ordered hazelnut extract for the Forerro Rocher cupcakes. You have such great ideas and I love that your cupcakes look cute, but you concentrate on the flavors. In this months Bon Appetit, there is a recipe for Chocolate Honey Tart that calls for culinary lavender.Also graham crackers (although chocolate flavored) I thought the cupcake genius could use it as inspiration to create a cupcake.

8. Stef April 2, 2008 at 7:30 am #

Nupur – Thanks!

Lysy – The cupcakes are live now.

TW – Hah! That sounded good until you got to the mom’s lotion part.

Mara – Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Carrie – Aww. That’s so sweet! Glad you like the site. That link sounds really tasty! Let me know how the Forrero Rocher’s turn out.

9. Food Rockz Man April 3, 2008 at 6:03 am #

I’ll definitely try this. I’m awaiting the arrivial of some culinary grade lavender from Hood River right now, which I ordered to make some lavender molded chocolates. In fact, I think I’ll flavor the ganache with your lavender butter. Thanks!

10. creampuff April 12, 2008 at 5:16 pm #

Stef,

I can’t wait to try this recipe! You have a great blog!

11. Stef April 13, 2008 at 7:59 am #

Food Rockz – Lavender chocolates sounds increadible! Stop by and let me know how they turned out!

Creampuff – Thanks so much!!