Simple and perfect pumpkin cupcakes
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum apple cider works as a substitute for the rum
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- pumpkin frosting optional
- apple butter caramel frosting optional
- vanilla frosting optional
Pumpkin Cupcake Instructions
Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
Mix in the oil, rum, and maple syrup. Beat until smooth.
Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Once cool, frost with the frosting of your choice!
To make homemade pumpkin puree:
To make homemade pumpkin pie spice, use a blend of:
- Start with pie pumpkins. A 2 pound pumpkin will yield enough puree for the cupcakes.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Slice the pumpkins in half, vertically through the stem, and scoop out the seeds and strings.
Place halves, cut-side down, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Roast, uncovered, for 40-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Puree with a blender or immersion blender.
- Drain off any liquid using a cheesecloth.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 2423IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg