Mudslide Cupcakes with Baileys Irish Cream Whipped Cream
While these mudslide cupcakes are tasty, their Baileys Irish Cream whipped cream is the exceptional part.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee your favorite kind
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup melted vanilla ice cream you could also make this with coffee or mocha ice cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream homemade or store-bought
- a little bit of chocolate for shaving on top optional
- 12 chocolate-covered espresso beans optional
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coffee in a bowl.
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
Beat eggs, ice cream, Kahlua, and Baileys into the butter/sugar mixture until blended.
Fold in flour mixture.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
Top with Baileys Irish Cream whipped cream (see above), shaved chocolate, and a chocolate covered espresso bean.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 118mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.2mg