Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
With a lovely strawberry flavor and a naturally soft pink color, strawberry buttercream is perfect for piping on all sorts of desserts.
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree about 5 large strawberries food processed until they are a thick, seedy liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Beat butter for three minutes (or until light and fluffy) in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Mix in strawberry puree and salt.
Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
Spread or pipe on cupcakes, cakes, or cookies.
This recipe yields about two cups of frosting. This should be enough to frost twelve cupcakes. Double the recipe to frost a two layer eight-inch cake.
- Be sure to beat the butter for at least three minutes so it is light and fluffy.
- Use less ripe strawberries. Riper strawberries tend to be more moist and could end up making the frosting too wet.
- Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time and always start on low speed to keep it from making a mess in your kitchen.
- If your strawberries were frozen, be sure to defrost them and drain off any excess liquid before using them.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 5mg