Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Strawberry cream cheese frosting is intensely strawberry-flavored. It has a thick creamy texture and is perfect for piping on cakes and cupcakes!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy - about three minutes on high speed.
Food process the freeze-dried strawberries until they form a powder.
Mix in powdered strawberries (you should have about 2 1/2 tablespoons) and salt until fully combined.
Mix in powdered sugar.
Spread or pipe onto your favorite cakes and cupcakes.
This recipe yields about two cups of frosting. This should be enough to frost twelve cupcakes. Double the recipe to frost a two layer eight-inch cake.
- Make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature.
- Use unsalted butter so that you can control how much salt is in the recipe.
- Sift the powdered sugar if it is clumpy.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 180.7mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 3.3mg