Edible Cookie Dough
This chocolate chip cookie dough is eggless and safe to eat!
Servings: 18 servings
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fully combined.
Heat flour in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until a thermometer placed into the center of the flour reads 160 F.
Mix the flour, salt, vanilla, and milk in with the sugar/butter.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
If chocolate chip cookie dough isn't your favorite, you can make edible cookie dough from any cookie recipe:
- Remove any baking soda and baking powder from the recipe. Since you aren't baking the cookie dough, you don't need the leavening agents.
- Remove any eggs from the recipe. The raw eggs could give you salmonella.
- Heat the flour in the microwave in 15 second bursts until it reaches 160 F/70 C to kill off the E. coli.
- Add milk a little bit at a time to replace the moisture from the eggs and to help the dough come together.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 37mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.8mg