Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
This chocolate orange cheesecake has a bright citrus flavor and a chocolate Oreo crust! It's creamy and decadent.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 12 ounces Oreos crushed into small pieces, 2 dozen Oreos
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1 cup frozen orange concentrate room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream room temperature
- 4 large eggs room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 F and grease the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
Mix crushed Oreos and butter together until fully combined. Press into the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and set aside until ready to use.
Reduce oven temperature to 300 F. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt, and zest until fully combined.
Add orange concentrate and sour cream.
Mix in eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
Wrap the bottom of the springform pan containing the Oreo crust in two layers of aluminum foil and set it in a large baking dish.
Pour batter over pre-baked Oreo crust.
Pour hot water into the baking dish so that it comes halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for 60 minutes. The edge of the cheesecake should be set, but the center will still look a little moist and will jiggle if you shake the pan.
Turn the oven off and prop the door slightly open. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let sit on the counter until it reaches room temperature, and then cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight before slicing and serving.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature. The cream cheese won't mix well into the recipe if it is cold.
- You can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a lighter cheesecake.
- The easiest way to crush Oreos is in a food processor. You can also put them in a sealed sandwich bag and roll over them with a rolling pin.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3.1mg