If you love licking the beater when you make cookies, you'll love cookie dough frosting!
If chocolate chip cookie dough isn't your favorite, you can make cookie dough frosting from any cookie recipe:
- Remove any baking soda and baking powder from the recipe. Since you aren't baking the cookie dough, you don't need the leavening agents.
- Remove any eggs from the recipe. The raw eggs could give you salmonella.
- Heat the flour in microwave in 15 second bursts until it reaches 160 F/70 C to kill off the E. coli.
- Remove any mix-ins from the recipe (otherwise it won't be pipeable).
- Add milk a little bit at a time until it is smooth and pipeable.