Strawberry French Toast Casserole
French toast casserole is so easy to make. It's custardy and sweet with a wonderful strawberry flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Wait time8 hrs
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
Macerated Strawberry Ingredients
- 24 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
Brioche French Toast Ingredients
- 1 pound brioche ripped into chunks
- 8 large large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Macerated Strawberry Instructions
Wash, dry, and cut tops off of the strawberries.
Place strawberries in a small bowl and toss with sugar.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. After the hour, the strawberries should look glossy and will have released some juice.
Brioche French Toast Instructions
Grease a 3 quart casserole dish, such as a 9"×13" casserole dish.
Evenly distribute the brioche in the dish and top with the macerated strawberries, including their juices.
In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over bread and strawberries.
Cover the casserole dish and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F.
Bake for 90 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Use fresh brioche for soft and custardy French toast.
- If you are using frozen strawberries, thaw them on the counter, remove the berries, and whisk the sugar into the remaining juice.
- Whisk all of the wet ingredients really well so there are no separate cooked egg bits in the French toast.
- Don't be afraid to add spices or other fruits, nuts, or chocolate to make the recipe your own.
- Food cooked in more shallow bakeware cooks more quickly. Since bakeware varies by brands, always keep an eye on your French toast as it nears completion to make sure it doesn't get too dried out.
- Serve straight from the oven if possible. Like a souffle, you'll find that the French toast will look prettiest right out of the oven and will deflate some as it cools.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 222mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 745IU | Vitamin C: 33.3mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1.3mg